• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

3rd World Britain (or Wales at least)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

3rd World Britain (or Wales at least)

Death rate in Welsh villages similar to African countries - Telegraph

Data released in Parliament show that in the most deprived areas of the country, the mortality rate is as high as 1,500 deaths per 100,000 people in a single year.

By contrast the death rate is 1,427 in Rwanda and 1,452 in Botswana, according to the World Health Organization.

The area with the highest death rate in England and Wales is Bryncethin in Bridgend, south Wales, with 1,499 deaths per 100,000 population in 2009.

Next in the list with 1,468 is Whittington in Oswestry, followed by Portrack and Tilery in Stockton-on-Tees (1,422) and then wards in Wrexham, Hull, Halton, St Helens and Penwith.

So what has voting Labour for 15 years done for these Labour voting strongholds then?

You reap what you sow Boyos.

Perhaps we can send Bono to Bridgend. There's tidy.

Does the data just mean that alot of old people live there? If the average age was 80 as opposed to 30 I would expect the mortality rate to be alot higher.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
      Perhaps we can send Bono to Bridgend. There's tidy.

They have enough trouble with people hanging themselves already. I think you're ony going to make it worse sending in Bono.

They'll be kicking the stools away in time to his clapping. <- Bono

Comment

Wouldn't the Bridgend figures be sweked by all the recent suicides of young folk?!

Or is that in itself a damming fact on its bleakness
        Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
        I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
          Does the data just mean that alot of old people live there? If the average age was 80 as opposed to 30 I would expect the mortality rate to be alot higher.
          If that were true, Eastbourne would be top of the list. God's waiting room by the sea.

Comment

Pneumoconiosis?

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
              So what has voting Labour for 15 years done for these Labour voting strongholds then?

You reap what you sow Boyos.
              they'll still blame the Tory's
              Coffee's for closers

Comment

I don't think comparing a single years death rate can be considered a trend, next year there wont be a blip and they'll have the most improved rate, another amazing stat to report.

They use the same sort of stats for placing speed cameras.
                Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
                  Wouldn't the Bridgend figures be sweked by all the recent suicides of young folk?!

Or is that in itself a damming fact on its bleakness
                  I think Zeity lives down that way. He's been eating them with fava beans and chianti.
                  And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Bridgend isn't one of the more exciting places to be, I have a lot of friends down that way and they often refer to it as dull and depressing
                    In Scooter we trust

Comment

Working...
                    X