• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Kodak

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kodak

Kodak Preparing for Chapter 11 Filing - WSJ.com

131 years old and now entering the knackers yard.

So much for my digital camera and those adverts on TV about them having the cheapest ink cost of any printer
    In Scooter we trust

Comment

My first digital camera was a kodak one. I used to shoot quite a bit of Ektachrome as well.

While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

I think there biggest problem was the decline of the point and shoot camera in favour of smartphones, and their DSLR offering never really progressed and was discontinued in 2005.

Its a shame but with their patent catalogue and the name still worth so much I don't think its the last we have heard of them
        Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
        I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

I read something recently that camera sales were down due to people using their mobile phones but the upshot was SLR sales have been strong guess they made a wrong turn there. Hopefully they'll be able to sell some of their patents
          In Scooter we trust

Comment

I always found it strange they didn't go into memory card production as they had the brand name in film that could be used to get a good section of the market.

Seems they have gone the way of Polariod who did the same back in 2008.

Comment

Kodak's core business is not home photography but is cinematic film and processing.

Cut price movies are often done in HD video.
              "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

For a company with a name as well known as Kodak to go out of business is a testament to poor leadership....

Comment

Originally posted by Joeman View Post
                  For a company with a name as well known as Kodak to go out of business is a testament to not employing enough contractors....
                  FTFY
                  Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

It's really the decline of film that did for them. They had an early lead in digital imaging (they actually invented the "bayer array" system that most CCD based imaging systems use) but they should have been much more aggressive in pursuit of the emerging digital imaging market.
                    While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Working...
                    X