PDA

View Full Version : Getting flooded out

Halo Jones
5th January 2012, 13:54
Due to the severe rain today the room above the site office has flooded & it’s coming through (at least in 14 months we rip that floor out so who cares about the damage) so after much deliberation the design team has instructed the operational guys & we have deployed the high tech flood defence system of a bit of tarp & a bucket

Simple, ugly but it works & kept 4 grown men amused for a couple of hours :ohwell

BrilloPad
5th January 2012, 13:55
Simple, ugly but it works & kept 4 grown men amused for a couple of hours

A bit like Sasguru.

SimonMac
5th January 2012, 13:56
Due to the severe rain today the room above the site office has flooded & it’s coming through (at least in 14 months we rip that floor out so who cares about the damage) so after much deliberation the design team has instructed the operational guys & we have deployed the high tech flood defence system of a bit of tarp & a bucket

Simple, ugly but it works & kept 4 grown men amused for a couple of hours :ohwell

And you supervising as to not break a nail?

Halo Jones
5th January 2012, 13:58
And you supervising as to not break a nail?

Nope I’m working out the cost implications, programme impact & who, contractually, I can blame & charge for loss & expenditure (+12.5% OH&P) :smokin

SimonMac
5th January 2012, 14:00
Nope I’m working out the cost implications, programme impact & who, contractually, I can blame & charge for loss & expenditure (+12.5% OH&P) :smokin

I thought you were a permie so just sat back and let someone else worry about the important stuff?

Halo Jones
5th January 2012, 14:02
I thought you were a permie so just sat back and let someone else worry about the important stuff?

Ahhh I'm the permie who does the important stuff

MarillionFan
5th January 2012, 14:15
Ahhh I'm the woman who makes the tea

ftfy

SimonMac
5th January 2012, 14:20
Ahhh I'm the permie who does the important stuff

What signs the contractors timesheets?

Halo Jones
5th January 2012, 16:04
What signs the contractors timesheets?

If you mean who, then yes I sign, quibble & pay all subbies / contractors :tongue

@ MF :spank: we all make the tea here

FiveTimes
5th January 2012, 16:06
we all make the tea here

go on then luv, milk no sugar

Halo Jones
5th January 2012, 16:07
go on then luv, milk no sugar

Stop on by & I'll make you a cuppa