• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Should Thatcher get a state funeral?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Should Thatcher get a state funeral?

A Thatcher state funeral would be bound to lead to protests | Seumas Milne | Comment is free | The Guardian

IMO no - though I would like her to be homoured there are plenty who think she should not. Compare her reputation to that of Churchill for instance.
    Yes
    42.62%
    No
    36.07%
    AndyW should have a state funeral
    21.31%

The poll is expired.

By the same conditions as Chruchill she lead us through a successful war so yes
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
      Compare her reputation to that of Churchill for instance.
      Are you serious comparing one of the greatest UK Prime Ministers with a big gob rude failed ex-marine without sense of humour posting on CUK?

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
        Are you serious comparing one of the greatest UK Prime Ministers with a big gob rude failed ex-marine without sense of humour posting on CUK?
        Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Yes. and the sooner the better.

Comment

Are you proposing burying her now, or are we waiting till she pops her cloggs?

Comment

I propose the US Navy dispose of the body at sea within 24 hours.
              Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

No chance. Even dead she'd terrify the gun carriage horses.
                +50 Xeno Geek Points
                Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
                As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

I voted no.

As much as I admire her, she was a divisive figure. State funerals are only for those people who unite us as a nation.
                  ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
                    I propose the US Navy dispose of the body at sea within 24 hours.
                    Just thought... she'd float
                    Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Working...
                    X