• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

NTL to shed 6000 jobs

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NTL to shed 6000 jobs

And yes, to make NTL even better than it already is, the call centre is going to India.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/4982450.stm

wouldn't touch them with a bargepole. must remember to watch out for...

"NTL, which is expected to rebrand itself under the Virgin name,..."

Comment

I thought it already was in India. I had to ring em for a friend who has NTL BB.
      I was surprised by how good the service was, I wasn't even asked to turn the computer off.
      Your parents ruin the first half of your life and your kids ruin the second half

Comment

How many jobs is that that have gone over the last few weeks - anyone bothered to keep tabs????

Comment

Even though about 50,000 jobs have gone in the last few weeks, over 5,000,000 jobs have been created in the Civil Service, ASDA and B&Q, so nothing to worry about.

HTH.

Comment

Hopefully they'll fire the bastards who run their DNS infrastructure. Their primary DNS was physically down for 2 days and noone noticed. I had to tell THEM what was wrong with their bloody infrastructure.
            Serving religion with the contempt it deserves...

Comment

Originally posted by TheMonkey
              Hopefully they'll fire the bastards who run their DNS infrastructure. Their primary DNS was physically down for 2 days and noone noticed. I had to tell THEM what was wrong with their bloody infrastructure.
              Yes they are completely incompetent. Don't what ever you do mention to them you have a router!

What ever the problem is you get the same response....."it's the router"

Comment

Telewest's support used to be similarly fixated on firewalls. No matter what the problem was they'd say, "it's your firewall, if you just turn that off you'll be fine". Followed by, "if that's made no difference, try formatting your hard drive and reinstalling Windows.

Comment

Originally posted by John Galt
                  How many jobs is that that have gone over the last few weeks - anyone bothered to keep tabs????
                  I think we should recap from over the past few weeks, brand it "Oh Dear™ Labour isn't working" and keep a running tally of all jobs lost

Comment

Originally posted by ~Craig~
                    Yes they are completely incompetent. Don't what ever you do mention to them you have a router!

What ever the problem is you get the same response....."it's the router"
                    Yeah I know the thing. I tell them I've got a direct crossover between the STB and the machine - it's easier than explaining it to them. Just because some tard really can't configure a router doesn't mean I can't!

The last time I blinded them with tech which didn't work...

"Yeah well your DNS server isn't responding. The host that it's running is. Something has crashed - go sort. I send a ton of ICMP packets at it and got ACKs ok, so the service must be down. I've tried it with dig on UNIX and the 194.168.4.100 primary dns isn't responding. The 194.168.8.100 host is fine. I've checked your network and I've diagnosed the problem."

"You can't do that - it's not possible to see what is wrong with NTL." *click* beeeeeeeeep.
                    Serving religion with the contempt it deserves...

Comment

Working...
                    X