• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Good reasons not to buy a flash car

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good reasons not to buy a flash car

Come on then, own up;

Italian ski resort lays bare tax evasion - Telegraph

officials traced the owners of 133 Lamborghinis, Ferraris, SUVs and other top-end cars that they found parked in the snow-lined streets of Cortina d'Ampezzo, ...
    They found that 42 of the owners – nearly a third – had declared incomes of less than 22,000 euros (£18,000) a year. A further 16 claimed to be earning less than 50,000 euros a year.
    Ummm, what was I saying yesterday about Dutch taxes being OK if you master the art of profit minimalisation?
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

You have to work to be rich shirley?
    Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
      You have to work to be rich shirley?

No, you have to own stuff. Like land, art, houses, businesses etc. Lots of old money in Italy.
      And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Other reasons are you have to drive more carefully to avoid gettting your car scratched. People are less likely to give way. And your house can become a target for robbery.

Comment

Maybe they should have tried that at Dale farm?
          Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

On the up-side, you can always park it in your flash drive.

Get in there!

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
              On the up-side, you can always park it in your flash drive.

Get in there!
              You're on a role today, aren't you OG?
              "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
              - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                And your house can become a target for robbery.
                Park at the neighbours then?

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
                  You're on a role today, aren't you OG?
                  If I was on a role I'd have no time to be on a roll.

Comment

What this means in practice is that real tax rates for the very rich are lower than they appear. And yet Italy's economy is still ****ed, allegedly. Which rather gives the lie to the theory that cutting taxes for the rich boosts the real economy.

Or does it?
                    While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Working...
                    X