• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Global manufacturing in decline

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Global manufacturing in decline

Manufacturing decline is a global phenomenen.

Decline Of Manufacturing Is Global Phenomenon: The World Is Better Off Because Of It - Seeking Alpha

Is this due to cheap money on Mars?

Apparently there has been a spike in Extraterrastrial GDP due to space probes.
    I'm alright Jack

Yeah, global manufacturing 'as a share of gdp' might be declining, but seeing as there are more and more people wanting to buy more and more stuff, it can't be declining in total.
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

"In reality, the chart above shows that the decline in U.S. manufacturing as share of GDP between 1970 and 2010 is a really a global phenomenon as the entire world becomes increasingly a services-intensive economy. "

Hopefully soon we will all have those printers that can make objects.

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
        Yeah, global manufacturing 'as a share of gdp' might be declining, but seeing as there are more and more people wanting to buy more and more stuff, it can't be declining in total.
        Don't confuse the cretin.
        Hard Brexit now!
        #prayfornodeal

Comment

The share is declining because due to outsourced jobs to China stuff has become much cheaper overall.

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
            Don't confuse the cretin.
            I always find it amusing when someone can't spot sarcasm....
            I'm alright Jack

Comment

Working...
            X