PDA

View Full Version : Amir Khan, sour grapes or is there summert?

stek
6th January 2012, 14:12
I'm not sure - he's a knob anyway, but it does look a little odd....

AtW
6th January 2012, 14:14
Amir Khan claims scorecard was 'interfered with' during defeat by Lamont Peterson - Telegraph (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/othersports/boxing/8995825/Amir-Khan-claims-scorecard-was-interfered-with-during-defeat-by-Lamont-Peterson.html)

Make a poll? Make sure the k and aw options are included...

The Spartan
6th January 2012, 14:15
Apparently he has photographic evidence, he's also still harping on about the two points he was deducted for goodness sake the ref warned him enough times

MarillionFan
6th January 2012, 14:18
Bad loser. He should've knocked him out.

AtW
6th January 2012, 14:19
WWE provides much better entertainment value.

SimonMac
6th January 2012, 14:22
There is (in my opinion) something very fishy about the result, but hey I made money on it so I'm not complaining!

The Spartan
6th January 2012, 14:24
I think the main reason he's crying about it is he was using the bout as a stepping stone to go up in weight and challenge Floyd Mayweather Jr in a fight that would make him A-rab money as Busta Rhymes would say

Doggy Styles
6th January 2012, 15:25
Khan appears to have a case. We'll see how the anomalies are explained by the boxing board, then take it from there.

MarillionFan
6th January 2012, 15:26
WWE provides much better entertainment value.

Says our very own Doink the Clown.

d000hg
6th January 2012, 15:28
he's a knob anywayBased on what? Sounded OK when I've seen/heard him interviewed.

stek
6th January 2012, 15:31
Based on what? Sounded OK when I've seen/heard him interviewed.

Based on me being from Halliwell as well and my brother knowing him reasonably well and him tweeting pics of his latest Rolex!

shaunbhoy
6th January 2012, 19:44
Based on me being from Halliwell as well and my brother knowing him reasonably well and him tweeting pics of his latest Rolex!

Nuff said then. Knob it is.

:wink

Mr.Whippy
6th January 2012, 21:44
The pictures look very suspect indeed. I think it'll have to be a rematch unless there is a proper explanation as to who he was and wtf he was doing there....

Hopefully next time Peterson will do a proper job a knock him out in 30 seconds like Prescott did :)

Waldorf
6th January 2012, 22:03
Looks dodgy but I am not keen on the guy either, but then again most boxers seem to be up their own @rse.

Doggy Styles
6th January 2012, 23:49
Looks dodgy but I am not keen on the guy either, but then again most boxers seem to be up their own @rse.He's no worse than your average combat sportsman. It's part of being a fighter to be a bit arrogant. There have been very few exceptions among successful boxers - Cornelius Boza Edwards was an exception.

It's part of the profession too. Some of that makes news, and thereby sells tickets and makes money.

Anyway, the WBA think he has a case and they are investigating. AtW, that's the World Boxing Association, not the Throstles from up the road from you. :wink

AtW
6th January 2012, 23:50
Anyway, the WBA think he has a case and they are investigating. AtW, that's the World Boxing Association, not the Throstles from up the road from you. :wink

:fight:

Doggy Styles
6th January 2012, 23:52
:fight::hug:

Doggy Styles
7th January 2012, 11:26
Looks like a void result then. Which would mean that Khan is still champion.

stek
7th January 2012, 15:35
Looks like they got the rematch!

TimberWolf
7th January 2012, 18:13
Watching the fight on YouTube: Amir Khan Vs Lamont Peterson Full Match Part 2 - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H1NES961XHU) at the moment.

So far Khan keeps knocking the other guy over and hitting him. Maybe his opponent livens up later...

TimberWolf
7th January 2012, 19:20
Seemed about even to me. Khan had to fight a bent ref too, but in turn was doing naughty stuff with his elbows. Better boxing skill displayed by Khan perhaps, but more power from Peterson. I usually like to score it based on who would win if it carried on when it goes to points, but that's difficult to call here too. Neither looked greatly hurt or totally dominant aside from Khan being constantly backed-up since about round 2. Khan should have done more, but doesn't seem to have the power in those spaghetti arms of his.

AtW
7th January 2012, 19:23
Khan should have done more, but doesn't seem to have the power in those spaghetti arms of his.

Would you repeat this to his face? :laugh

Churchill
7th January 2012, 19:25
Would you repeat this to his face? :laugh

Yep, I'd stoop that low.

Doggy Styles
13th January 2012, 15:13
Well, Khan has a case and the WBA have ordered a rematch.

Too many things were suspicious about that fight, any one of which could have robbed Khan of the single extra point that would have meant him retaining his titles.

AtW
13th January 2012, 15:14
Well, Khan has a case and the WBA have ordered a rematch.

Does rematch mean the loss would still count in his career stats?

Might watch it ...

The Spartan
13th January 2012, 15:18
Does rematch mean the loss would still count in his career stats?

Might watch it ...

Only if they change the result to a no-contest which could still happen it depends on what happens at the IBF hearing

Jeremiah@RHJAccountants
13th January 2012, 15:38
I think the main reason he's crying about it is he was using the bout as a stepping stone to go up in weight and challenge Floyd Mayweather Jr in a fight that would make him A-rab money as Busta Rhymes would say

Like:rollin::rollin:

Jeremiah@RHJAccountants
13th January 2012, 15:51
Khan has good fast hands but no power in them and also he needs to stop trying to prove he has a chin and stop getting hit his defensive skills are average at best.

Boxing is about hitting and not being hit!

He is an above average fighter and what about giving Maidana a rematch now that he got one against Lamount.

one thing is for sure he would get destroyed by Money Mayweather :D:D:D

d000hg
13th January 2012, 16:47
Looks like they got the rematch!That's unexpected, and of course will make for a very lucrative fight.

The Spartan
13th January 2012, 20:02
I'm more interested in seeing Pacquiao fight Mayweather, Khan will come unstuck again at some point. Just like Carl Froch did firstly against Kessler and then against Ward.

Difference between Froch and Khan is Froch can take a hell of a punch

AtW
13th January 2012, 20:26
That's unexpected, and of course will make for a very lucrative fight.

Very - I hear the most expensive tickets are right next to the judges table...

stek
18th January 2012, 00:03
Eh, this is well weird? WTF???

BBC Sport - Khan-Peterson hearing cancelled by Golden Boy Promotions (http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/boxing/16605456.stm)

AtW
18th January 2012, 00:06

BBC Sport - Khan-Peterson hearing cancelled by Golden Boy Promotions (http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/boxing/16605456.stm)

WTF? :confused:

BrilloPad
18th January 2012, 07:55

Indeed it is very weird. We need Gentlman 'enry Cooper and his ilk back.

The Spartan
18th January 2012, 09:06
Very bizarre, still a 50-50 split as far as the purse is concerned is a fair chunk of change.

TimberWolf
18th January 2012, 09:11
Maybe receiving that horse's head in the post proved persuasive.

d000hg
18th January 2012, 09:29
Still not clear - does the first result stand in their career records?

AtW
18th January 2012, 11:04
Maybe receiving that horse's head in the post proved persuasive.

Maybe it was head of that unknown guy - the only living witness who could talk :eyes

The Spartan
18th January 2012, 11:11
Still not clear - does the first result stand in their career records?

I think so provided he gets a rematch, boxing is littered with corruption and bad decisions, though I'm not saying this is the case with this fight

TimberWolf
18th January 2012, 11:20
Maybe it was head of that unknown guy - the only living witness who could talk :eyes

Apparently that "unknown guy" is jumping mad at being called unknown. He stresses that he is really famous and adds something about Muhammed Ali.