• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Son just passed driving test

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Son just passed driving test

Cost of adding him to my insurance? Zero... so now he's out driving my Volvo XC70 D5. ( Though if/when he gets his own car, it'll be ~£1000 a year third party ).
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    Cost of adding him to my insurance? Zero... so now he's out driving my Volvo XC70 D5. ( Though if/when he gets his own car, it'll be ~£1000 a year third party ).
    Wow, still no rise on your premium?

Might be good leaving him added, even if he never drives it so he can accrue NCB.

Has he done his pass plus? Will help for the first couple years reduce his premiums when he buys a car.

When he does, try lesser known insurance companies like Frizzell (did my first insurance super cheap) and Admiral are good with young folks as well as brokers like Hyperformance who can really help nail prices down. I still save several hundred pounds a year by spending an evening or two ringing around and haggling.

Comment

How & with whom?
      How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Originally posted by Troll View Post
        How & with whom?
        WeInsureAnyCar.com

Comment

The Swiss car insurance works rather differently from that of the UK. The car is insured, not the person. The only caveat is that for drivers under the age of 25, there is an excess of 1'000CHF. There also no culture of injury compensation.

<smug mode off>
          Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

SheilasWheels
            What happens in General, stays in General.
            You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

There also no culture of injury compensation.
              And they even have legit proper firearms, apparently every man's duty is to have one at home just in case of invasion

Comment

The Swiss car insurance works rather differently from that of the UK. The car is insured, not the person. The only caveat is that for drivers under the age of 25, there is an excess of 1'000CHF. There also no culture of injury compensation.

<smug mode off>
                Bloody foreigners
                How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                  SheilasWheels
                  Only if his son tucks his penis in .....

Comment

<smug mode off>
                    Originally posted by AtW View Post
                    And they even have legit proper firearms, apparently every man's duty is to have one at home just in case of invasion
                    Sounds great, it's annoying insurers discriminating because of age .... The firearms bit sounds especially good ..... Wish we could do that to thieving chavs and pikeys in the UK ....

Comment

Working...
                    X