• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Jamaica vows to drop Queen as head of state

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jamaica vows to drop Queen as head of state

Portia Simpson Miller, the new prime minister of Jamaica, has vowed to abandon the Queen as head of state and turn the country into a republic.
    Would have been more respectful if she and every nation (including the UK) in the Commonwealth could have waited until the Queen passed away and then held a referendum
    How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Originally posted by Troll View Post
    Would have been more respectful if she and every nation (including the UK) in the Commonwealth could have waited until the Queen passed away and then held a referendum

Comment

Last edited by Jeff Maginty; 8 June 2022, 17:41.

Comment

That would bugger up our drug imports.

Comment

does that mean we can stop those gun running drug smuggling yardies from coming in then

is this new jamaican woman related to diane abbott by anychance?

Comment

Send another Type 45 destroyer to their port and invite PM for a chat on board.

Troll

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
              Send another Type 45 destroyer to their port and invite PM for a chat on board.

Troll
              Not that arsed about maintaining the Commonwealth and as others have said if it reduces the amount of Yardies coming to these shores it would be beneficial

My point was that a 85 year old woman doesn't have that much time left and historically (especially in the war years) she was a positive for the nation it would have been polite to have left these kind of discussions until her passing and then let each nation decide for themselves whether to continue with Charlie or not

My only fear would be we end up with a President of England (hopefully the Scots will be long gone by then) Mr Tony Blair type non-entity which is just plain wrong, so we would need to think seriously of what we put in place of a constitutional Monarch

HTH

Comment

Kate with Pippa by her side would make a great Queen should, heavens forbid, Her Majesty leaves us ...

Comment

Didn't the Aussie's want to do the same thing? And its now faded away (I think). this may have just been a trial balloon.
                  McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
                  Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

Originally posted by lilelvis2000 View Post
                    Didn't the Aussie's want to do the same thing? And its now faded away (I think). this may have just been a trial balloon.
                    The Aussies can decide for themselves, but once its gone it's gone forever and what replaces it becomes interesting

Comment

Working...
                    X