• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Prescott 'liable for £366,000 homes tax'

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Prescott 'liable for £366,000 homes tax'

Torygraph - Now this I would love to see!
    John Prescott should be paying as much as £366,000 a year in tax on his grace-and-favour properties now that he has been stripped of his responsibilities, a leading tax accountant has claimed.

Mike Warburton, senior tax partner at accountants Grant Thornton, said: "I have cases where the Revenue has pushed very hard to take tax from my clients with circumstances very similar to this.

"It is difficult to see how Mr Prescott's arrangements would fall within the specific exemptions laid down in the regulations."

Mr Warburton had already expressed reservations about the tax position of Mr Prescott's grace-and-favour properties but after last week's reshuffle his position has become even less tenable.

Lets hope they compound the interest!
    Plus I hear having sex in the office may have been illegal - similar case involving policemen - resulted in prosecution

Comment

Yes I think another public expose on Labour ministers blatantly cheating on their taxes is most apt.

That alongside the hopefully ongoing investigation of cash for peerages.
      As I feared, obscured by Prescott, Clarke & the local elections.

New Liebour again bringing sleaze to ever greater heights.

Comment

I like the story about the fact that he may have commited an improsonable offence by shagging his secretary at work.
        Soemthing to do with his "public office". There are laws against it and police officers have been charged and imprisoned for it.
        He has taken the offence further by abusing his office in his office.

I so want this to be true and I want him to go down (no pun intended) for it.
        I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
        Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

Blair must be praying for the World Cup to start to distract the proles

Comment

Can someone point out which law he is supposed to have broken and whether what ever has broken is a criminal matter?

The only problem I have with new labour being under new management is the fecker waiting in the wings like a fat chick waiting for sasguru to drop a packet of smarties cause his neaderthal like fingers havent developed to a stage where he has fine motor control over his limbs

Im also concerned about who the new chancellor will be if the current one is promoted! Imagine the fecker they will need to follow in gordo's foot steps!

Mailman

Comment

There is no law saying that people cannot have sex at work but it calls into question issues of appropriate behaviour.

In Mr Prescott's case, he is being accused of committing the offence of misconduct in a public office by having sex with his secretary in his Whitehall office.

If someone who holds public office abuses their position it is seen as a breach of the public's trust. As a civil servant Ms Temple could also be prosecuted for the same thing.

Earlier this year a police officer who had sex with a woman he'd been called to help was given 200 hours of community service and lost his job after admitting misconduct in a public office.

And last year two policemen were sent to prison for 15 months and forced to quit their jobs after being found guilty of the same charge. They admitted having sex with a woman while on duty.

The offence applies to all public servants including councillors and government ministers.

Comment

Originally posted by Gold Dalek
                Blair must be praying for the World Cup to start to distract the proles
                Oddly enough the same thought occured with moi yesterday, still if England suffer some bad results it could hasten Blairs departure which would be of benefit to the entire nation.

So naturally he wont go , he is going to have to be pushed.

And if England perform poorly in the World Cup dont forget that the England manager will still walk off with 5 million in his pocket.

And as for Blair he will earn millions on the US Circuit tour post his departure as I have always maintained.

Not one to speculate on soccer matters but I think it will be a case of Germany scraping their way to a final to be beaten by Brazil, Iran could be worth a bet for the semis as they have been playing really well.
                Last edited by AlfredJPruffock; 8 May 2006, 16:06.

Comment

I think the fact that numerous women including the wife of Jack Ashley MP have accused him of sexual harassment is enough to bar the man from public office. An oaf like that is not fit to serve in the Cabinet and his continued presence makes Blair look sleazy and corrupt.

Comment

Originally posted by Fungus
                    I think the fact that numerous women including the wife of Jack Ashley MP have accused him of sexual harassment is enough to bar the man from public office. An oaf like that is not fit to serve in the Cabinet and his continued presence makes Blair look sleazy and corrupt.
                    All the more reason for him to stay. The more Blair clings on to power and the more he stuffs the cabinet with sleazy no-hopers, the more likely the public will feel like voting for a change come 2010.

Comment

Working...
                    X