• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What's worse than a bungee cord snapping?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What's worse than a bungee cord snapping?

Ans: A bungee cord snapping, plunging into a crocodile infested rapids with your legs tied together and then having to teach people first aid on yourself.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PlVG...layer_embedded

Not a great day.

Looks as if she was still quite high up when the cord snapped, judging from the elapsed time of her splash after it snapped.

Saw that on telly. She escaped with cuts and bruises. Has (re)affirmed my intention NEVER to go bungee jumping.

Comment

Originally posted by k2p2 View Post
      Saw that on telly. She escaped with cuts and bruises. Has (re)affirmed my intention NEVER to go bungee jumping.
      They say it is totally safe on the news clip.

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
        I like the "oh, bleeeeeep!" from the guy at the top.

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
          You are more likely to be killed playing Russia Roulette than having a bungie jump
          "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Did a bungee jump about 12 years ago. Now I'd be worried that the bungee would snap but I'd also take the fricking bridge with me!
            What happens in General, stays in General.
            You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

She was very lucky ... Also very silly trusting an african with a bundled up vine as a safe exploit ... The cord looked bad before she jumped ....

Good job she was doing it over a river, instead of off a cherry picker in a car park ...

Talking of which, reminds me of the woman below, went parachuting and ran in to trouble when her chute failed to deploy and hit the car park face first, amazing she survived and what the human body can withstand! Even more amazingly, she was pregnant and the baby was fine.

Skydiver pregnant after accident - US news - Life - msnbc.com

Now that's a hell of a lot more painful than plummeting in to a river.

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
                You are more likely to be killed playing Russia Roulette than having a bungie jump
                Hahahahahahaha that is the most stupid comment ever .... Duhhhh of course!

No offense, but look up the odds of bungie cords snapping. Then russian roulette, if you're the first one to take a turn, it's still a 1 in 6 odds or maybe a little more depending on your handgun choice .....

What about the odds of being struck by lightning compared to the cord snapping? Would wager lightning is more likely to happen ...

Comment

Brave girl - glad she survived!

Comment

Originally posted by wim121 View Post
                    Hahahahahahaha that is the most stupid comment ever .... Duhhhh of course!

No offense, but look up the odds of bungie cords snapping. Then russian roulette, if you're the first one to take a turn, it's still a 1 in 6 odds or maybe a little more depending on your handgun choice .....

What about the odds of being struck by lightning compared to the cord snapping? Would wager lightning is more likely to happen ...

Loss of humour today?
                    "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Working...
                    X