• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Do you enjoy what you do?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do you enjoy what you do?

poll to follow
    Yes I love it
    38.46%
    No, I only do it for the money
    55.77%
    AndyW keeps me locked in the basement chained to a laptop
    5.77%
    Coffee's for closers

I hate it. I would rather be a ticket inspector on Swiss Railways.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
      I hate it. I would rather be a ticket inspector on Swiss Railways.
      WHS. I'd rather be sticking needles in my own eyes but it doesn't pay as much.
      What happens in General, stays in General.
      You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Hate it. Couldn't do anything else that pays as much (legally) though.
        ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

WTAS - sticking my head in a vat of acid would be more pleasurable, but unfortunately I won't get paid for it.
          "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

I certainly don't enjoy leaving my nice, warm, comfortable home to have to go and earn money, but I don't know whether a completely different job (esp one that pays as well) would be any better... That's a different question.
            It's about time I changed this sig...

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
              WTAS - sticking my head in a vat of acid would be more pleasurable, but unfortunately I won't get paid for it.
              If memory serves, you're not getting paid for it at the moment anyway. Let us know how the acid thing turns out.

As for the rest of you miserable bastards I would suggest that if you detest what you do so much then find something more fulfilling, money isn't everything.

Comment

I would prefer to spend the day at the dentist having my teeth pulled out without anaesthetic, but that would cost me more than I could earn.
                I'm alright Jack

Comment

Happily I do enjoy my work, my non-contractor approach means that If I was not happy I would change (as I did 6 years ago when I went back to school)

I know some of you may view this as blasphemy but money is not everything
                  Growing old is mandatory
                  Growing up is optional

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
                    If memory serves, you're not getting paid for it at the moment anyway. Let us know how the acid thing turns out.

As for the rest of you miserable bastards I would suggest that if you detest what you do so much then find something more fulfilling, money isn't everything.
                    Doctor, doctor! This contractor is broken. Can you fix him?
                    What happens in General, stays in General.
                    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Working...
                    X