• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Motoring Offence

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Motoring Offence

On this Saturday this afternoon I was stopped by police and issued with a document to produce my pasrticulares to the local police.

This is the situation I tried explaining my reasoning to this officer but this policeman would not accept that I was not in the wrong.

In India, this lane, this inside lane of the carriageway, is designated use for slow lorries, carts, omnibus and other slow moving wehicles while private car journey is conducted in middle and outer lane of carriageway.

I am perplexed that this officer would deem it appropriate that this offence for which I may be reported (and I quote) "is driving without due car and attention". I was in middle lane of M3 I was travelling at 30 miles an hour at the time of being stopped. I would posit that this was careful driving with very much attention.

On a similar topic, a friend of mine was stopped by police for overtaking on 3 laner. The overtaking lane was congested with vehicles overtaking slow moving vehicles in slow lane so he went into 3rd lane to overtake the slower overtaking traffic since there was no vehicle approaching form contrary direction.

This, in India, is perfectly acceptable to use all 3 lanes of 3 laner. As a matter of fact, if there is hard shoulder this too can be used for overtaking manouevres thus making it 5 laner.

Give it up sas, it's not funny anymore.
    The vegetarian option.

Comment

Originally posted by wobbegong View Post
      Give it up sas, it's not funny anymore.
      When was it funny?

Comment

Must try this reasoning when I decide to drive on the right... "they do it in America guv".
        Originally posted by MaryPoppins
        I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
        Originally posted by vetran
        Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by Hill Station Murthy View Post
          On this Saturday this afternoon I was stopped by police and issued with a document to produce my pasrticulares to the local police.

This is the situation I tried explaining my reasoning to this officer but this policeman would not accept that I was not in the wrong.

In India, this lane, this inside lane of the carriageway, is designated use for slow lorries, carts, omnibus and other slow moving wehicles while private car journey is conducted in middle and outer lane of carriageway.

I am perplexed that this officer would deem it appropriate that this offence for which I may be reported (and I quote) "is driving without due car and attention". I was in middle lane of M3 I was travelling at 30 miles an hour at the time of being stopped. I would posit that this was careful driving with very much attention.

On a similar topic, a friend of mine was stopped by police for overtaking on 3 laner. The overtaking lane was congested with vehicles overtaking slow moving vehicles in slow lane so he went into 3rd lane to overtake the slower overtaking traffic since there was no vehicle approaching form contrary direction.

This, in India, is perfectly acceptable to use all 3 lanes of 3 laner. As a matter of fact, if there is hard shoulder this too can be used for overtaking manouevres thus making it 5 laner.
          One problem though (well apart from the fact you are not real) YOU ARE NOT IN INDIA!
          Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
          I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Poor try, not least you got the offence wrong. It is an offence to drive at a speed which obstructs the progress of other traffic. FYI: The Offence is Obstruction of the Highway.
            "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Is the penalty for motoring offences still deportation?

Comment

As it was on the Motorway wouldn't it be a capital office?

Hangings too good for some!
                Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

I was in middle lane of M3 I was travelling at 30 miles an hour at the time of being stopped.
                  Shame a truck didn't drive over the top of you. It's the only way some cretins learn.

Though I suspect the real solution is for this crusty sockpuppet to be put through a thorough wash cycle.
                  Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
                  Feist - I Feel It All
                  Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

30 mph on the M3, I don't believe it! You would never get up to that speed with all the traffic.

Comment

Working...
                    X