PDA

View Full Version : Ivor The Engine

pacharan
9th January 2012, 12:38
Was sat watching this on dvd with my brother and nephew while the missuses went shopping in Tiger on Saturday.

Couldn't believe the episode in which a Sikh gentleman accompanied by his elephant makes an appearance.

Back at the station, Jones says to Dai: "I've just seen a funny man who looks like he's got a boiled pudding on his head".

We laughed. Just as well his mum wasn't there - she wants him to grow up to be a social worker or something.

I also saw The Dambusters on Sunday. Surprised to see that the dog is dull called the N word.

Should these things be censored? I don't like all this revisionist bollocks personally.

BrilloPad
9th January 2012, 12:45
There should be no censorship of past inequalities - we cannot change the past. We can only make things better in the future.

On the other hand, my mother recently gave me some old books. My daughter took a great interest in one - EPAMINONDAS And His Mammy's Umbrella.: Amazon.co.uk: Constance: KENNEDY, A.E. [Illustrator] EGAN: Books (http://www.amazon.co.uk/EPAMINONDAS-MAMMYS-UMBRELLA-Constance-Egan/dp/B001K4AXAW) - I have heard it described as the most racist book ever - but it seems to be worth a few quid so I am holding onto it.

BlasterBates
9th January 2012, 12:53
I have a sense of deja vu reading this thread.

Churchill
9th January 2012, 13:28
I have a sense of deja vu reading this thread.

Not again!