• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

New contractor car

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New contractor car

2013 Porsche 911 Carrera: All about Evolution

After much gossip the new 2011 Porsche 911 was finally unveiled in a 60 second commercial titled “The Ride”. Porsche describes it as a flat stretched silhouette with exciting contours and precisely designed details. This new model has been refined to reduce fuel consumption (248mpg) and CO2 emission which was reduced by 16% as well as other perks.

Porsche made some aerodynamic changes which reduced the weight by 45kg or 99lbs. Compared to the last model the wheel base is 100mm longer, the height is reduced giving it a muscular stance, and the mirrors are located on the upper edge of the doors instead of mirror triangles. The engine downsized from 3.6 liter flat-six to 3.4 liter direct-injected flat-sex which delivers 350 horsepower

The interior is similar to that of the Carrera GT because the environment is more driver focused. It contains a multi-function screen with high resolution, a central rev counter, and an ignition lock. The console has been moved forward which is typical in motor sports with a new high mounted 7 gear selector which in a test drive gives 0-62mph in 4.6 seconds.

The 911 dates back to 1963 and has been Porsche’s most successful model because it is all about the evolution of its style

<mod snip, dodgy link removed>

AtW's comment: proper contractor will wait for a Turbo edition ...

Think I prefer the 997 Turbo

The new 911 looks too long, like a squashed Panamera

Comment

Yeah, plus it should cause 997 prices to drop at last...

Comment

Can some please explain how cars fitted with low profile tires and less than two inches of suspension movement works on the potholed road of the UK?
        "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Comment

Or you can have Milan's car:

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
              Can some please explain how cars fitted with low profile tires and less than two inches of suspension movement works on the potholed road of the UK?
              Hence why you see so many 4x4, crossovers, pickups and other high suspension, soft tyred, soft suspension cars.

But hey, I really like the 997 Turbo. It's about the only "sports" car that interests me. I'm getting old and prefer something lazy and luxurious for day to day driving.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                I'm getting old and prefer something lazy and luxurious for day to day driving.
                50 isn't old, just ask zeity!

Comment

The only Ferrari that *really* does it for me is the 458 Italia. Especially in yellow. Lottery win and I'd be down the dealers like a shot.

Comment

F430 for me and it's getting cheaper by the day ...

Comment

Working...
                    X