• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

30-storey mega hotel built is 15 days

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

30-storey mega hotel built is 15 days

In 2010, the same firm built a 16-storey residential block in only five days.
    Impressive, but what's the rush?

Time-lapse video: 30-storey hotel built in just 15 days - Yahoo!

Ark Hotel construction: Chinese built 30-storey hotel from scratch in 15 days | Mail Online
    Last edited by TimberWolf; 10 January 2012, 09:22.

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
    Impressive, but what's the rush?
    Much quickness, plenty cheapness.
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Nice. I wonder how close we are to seeing modular housing where you don't move into a new house but take it with you and just pay for the plot which already has the required facilities plumbed in.

I predict if this isn't already available then someone will come up with a design where each room in a house is a module and you can put them together however you wish, lego style.

Need a two bed flat, bang two bedroom, 1 living room, one kitchen, one bathroom module onto the top of the existing block, than a flat roof on top until the next layer is built. Be a bit of a pain moving if you were in the middle of the stack though.

Anyone patented this idea yet?
      Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
      Feist - I Feel It All
      Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

^ Sounds like an awesome idea
        In Scooter we trust

Comment

Originally posted by PAH View Post
          Nice. I wonder how close we are to seeing modular housing where you don't move into a new house but take it with you and just pay for the plot which already has the required facilities plumbed in.

I predict if this isn't already available then someone will come up with a design where each room in a house is a module and you can put them together however you wish, lego style.

Need a two bed flat, bang two bedroom, 1 living room, one kitchen, one bathroom module onto the top of the existing block, than a flat roof on top until the next layer is built. Be a bit of a pain moving if you were in the middle of the stack though.

Anyone patented this idea yet?
          It's called a trailer park.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
            It's called a trailer park.

Is Dimprawn's the orange one?
            Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
              Is Dimprawn's the orange one?
              Just above Sasguru's eco-shed?
              And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
                Just above Sasguru's eco-shed?
                I thought his was the windmill
                Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

They've even got pooperscooper's park bench

I didnt realise that SASGuru, Dimprawn and pooperscooper lived on the same estate

Comment

Originally posted by PAH View Post
                    I think this happens with floating houses around the Vancouver area, flood resistant too if the pipes are long enough.
                    Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Working...
                    X