• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Afternoon Tea In Swindon

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Afternoon Tea In Swindon

Bought my girlfriend one of those "experiences" vouchers at Christmas for an afternoon tea for 2.

Was thinking we'd have it in some old style tea room somewhere nice and countryfied like Shaftesbury or Wells.

Went on to their website to look at where the participating tea rooms are in the west country and it gave me a choice between Bristol and Swindon.

Not quite what I had in mind

Originally posted by wurzel View Post
    Bought my girlfriend one of those "experiences" vouchers at Christmas for an afternoon tea for 2.
    Who else is going?

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
      Who else is going?
      Not me if it means going to Swindon

Comment

Bristol it is then, zider I up barman!
        Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
          Bristol it is then, zider I up barman!
          Have you ever had a Brent Knoll Carvery? They're supposed to be legendary.

Comment

Have you ever had a Brent Knoll Carvery? They're supposed to be legendary.
            Brent house? Yes a few years ago when it was cheap and cheerful, they look to have gone up market a bit recently.

May give it a go again.
            Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Was thinking we'd have it in some old style tea room somewhere nice and countryfied like Shaftesbury or Wells.

Went on to their website to look at where the participating tea rooms are in the west country and it gave me a choice between Bristol and Swindon.

where the F*** in Swindon is the tea room???
              I'm sorry, but I'll make no apologies for this

Pogle is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
              CUK University Challenge Champions 2010
              CUK University Challenge Champions 2012

Comment

Originally posted by Pogle View Post
                where the F*** in Swindon is the tea room???
                2010: The Terminus Cafe on Rodbourne Road, Swindon | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Comment

Groupon by any chance? I and others have had terrible experiences, and the companies providing the end services don't seem too happy either. All seems like a massive pyramid scheme.
                  "A life, Jimmy, you know what that is? It’s the s*** that happens while you’re waiting for moments that never come." -- Lester Freamon

Comment

So you didn't fancy giving the "trip up OXO tower" voucher?
                    How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Working...
                    X