PDA

View Full Version : The Rules of General are:

EricBartlett
10th January 2012, 23:35
Can anyone give me any clues??

A seven day ban after a dozen posts thats pretty tough.

Still I am sure I will settle in soon. :music:

AtW
10th January 2012, 23:37
1st RULE: You do not talk about THE GENERAL.

2nd RULE: You DO NOT talk about THE GENERAL.

3rd RULE: If someone says "stop" or goes limp, taps out the fight is over.

4th RULE: Only two guys to a fight.

5th RULE: One fight at a time.

6th RULE: No shirts, no shoes.

7th RULE: Fights will go on as long as they have to.

8th RULE: If this is your first night at THE GENERAL, you HAVE to fight.

EricBartlett
10th January 2012, 23:39

Oh no - you are not getting me again!

MarillionFan
10th January 2012, 23:39
You must be in a clique to survive more than a month.

AtW
10th January 2012, 23:40

EricBartlett
10th January 2012, 23:41

Ah I see.

Can I be in your clique?

AtW
10th January 2012, 23:42
Can I be in your clique?

Yes, they accept anybody.

MarillionFan
10th January 2012, 23:43
Ah I see.

Can I be in your clique?

No. But you can be in AtWs gang.

Chutney Spoon
10th January 2012, 23:51
You'll be OK as long as you don't double dip. Oh, and if in doubt, bleed the radiators and rent a film about gladiators.

EricBartlett
10th January 2012, 23:54
You'll be OK as long as you don't double dip. Oh, and if in doubt, bleed the radiators and rent a film about gladiators.

I prefer ChickFlicks

SimonMac
10th January 2012, 23:56
I prefer ChicksWithDicksFlicks

FTFY

EricBartlett
10th January 2012, 23:59
FTFY

any recommendations sweety?

administrator
11th January 2012, 00:16
Hey Eric :wave:

EricBartlett
11th January 2012, 00:18

Hello :wave:

Nice to meet you.

Can I be in your clique?

administrator
11th January 2012, 00:19
I only have one friend :tantrum:

Zippy
11th January 2012, 00:19

EricBartlett
11th January 2012, 00:20

One Friend!!!

You Lucky Lucky Lucky B..........

eek
11th January 2012, 00:35

By careful. With friends like him you won't need enemies.

NickFitz
11th January 2012, 00:42

Yeah, sorry, I did that when I was testing stuff and forgot to roll back the database. You don't actually have that friend. I'll email a patch :ohwell

eek
11th January 2012, 00:45
Yeah, sorry, I did that when I was testing stuff and forgot to roll back the database. You don't actually have that friend. I'll email a patch :ohwell

Don't upset him.

I mean really don't upset him. He does "things", "unpleasant things" when he's upset.

EricBartlett
11th January 2012, 00:52
Don't upset him.

I mean really don't upset him. He does "things", "unpleasant things" when he's upset.

Speaking of which. Where is MF tonight?

NickFitz
11th January 2012, 00:53
Don't upset him.

The patch should prevent that being a problem in future, assuming he doesn't examine it too closely :devil

Freamon
11th January 2012, 07:01
3rd RULE: If someone .. goes limp .. the fight is over.

If that was true there would hardly be any posts on here.

Joeman
11th January 2012, 07:21

missed one - When backed into a corner and losing the fight, use the age old tradition of becoming the Typo Police, because telling a man he made a typo is the worst insult in the world and will make you look like a real keyboard warrior :yay:

gingerjedi
11th January 2012, 07:36
missed one - When backed into a corner and losing the fight, use the age old tradition of becoming the Typo Police, because telling a man he made a typo is the worst insult in the world and will make you look like a real keyboard warrior :yay:

Not to mention when one should and should not capitalise. :rolleyes:

Old Greg
11th January 2012, 07:45

And as long as you keep on being a good girl, I'll be nice to you too.

Sysman
11th January 2012, 08:03
Not to mention when one should and should not capitalise. :rolleyes:

You've just broken Murphy's Internet Law #256:

"Every post pointing out a typo or spelling error will contain at least one typo or spelling error itself."

NotAllThere
11th January 2012, 08:06
The basic rule is - don't do anything to annoy the moderators. Addendum to the basic rule - don't behave like KenInParis.

northernladuk
11th January 2012, 08:23
The basic rule is - don't do anything to annoy the moderators. Addendum to the basic rule - don't behave like KenInParis.

Is Joeman KenInParis as well?

MarillionFan
11th January 2012, 08:32
Is Joeman KenInParis as well?

Seems this sockie is running rings around the mods.

I suggest we just draw up a list of the most unpleasant sockies to make it easier

Regent
EricBartlett
Malvolio
Joeman
Wilmslow
Pacharan
Zippy

TheFaQQer
11th January 2012, 09:49
You've just broken Murphy's Internet Law #256:

"Every post pointing out a typo or spelling error will contain at least one typo or spelling error itself."

I think you'll find that's Muphry's Law (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muphry%27s_Law)

TheFaQQer
11th January 2012, 09:50

Tay - is that you??

Mich the Tester
11th January 2012, 09:54
There is really only one rule; the site is not owned by you, but by someone else who can do what the hell he/she likes with it, including appointing admins or banning users, at random if he/she so wishes. If you don't like that, set up your own forum somewhere else.

MarillionFan
11th January 2012, 09:58
Tay - is that you??

Late night posts from our new sockies. So is KenInParis really Tay! or is it Gonzo!!!:eek:

Gonzo
11th January 2012, 10:03
Late night posts from our new sockies. So is KenInParis really Tay! or is it Gonzo!!!:eek:Oi!

My sockies do not wind anyone up. :tongue

Nor have they seen the light of day for three years at least.

Troll
11th January 2012, 10:04
I only have one friend :tantrum:I saw that and figured OG was either your sockie or an arse creeping bandit

Troll
11th January 2012, 10:05
Oh... and I'll have number 32 please Bob

TheFaQQer
11th January 2012, 10:11
Oi!

My sockies do not wind anyone up. :tongue

Nor have they seen the light of day for three years at least.

<cue a post from Spartacus>

Joeman
11th January 2012, 10:20

I suggest we just draw up a list of the most unpleasant sockies to make it easier

Regent
EricBartlett
Malvolio
Joeman
Wilmslow
Pacharan
Zippy

You mean im not yet public enemy number one?? must be losing my touch... must try harder...

NotAllThere
11th January 2012, 10:52
You're definitely number two.

Joeman
11th January 2012, 10:55
You're definitely number two.

And it only took one thread to elevate me to that status.. result!! :banana:
I must have really hit a nerve..

Troll
11th January 2012, 10:56
I must have really hit a nerve..116 :popcorn:

Joeman
11th January 2012, 10:59
116 :popcorn:

THREAD not POSTS you muppet...

OwlHoot
11th January 2012, 12:40
Can anyone give me any clues??

A seven day ban after a dozen posts thats pretty tough.

Still I am sure I will settle in soon. :music:

You must have seen posts by someone called MarillionFan

Just follow his example, but without his cautious reticence, and you'll be fine.

BrilloPad
11th January 2012, 12:45
You're definitely a number two.

FTFY

NotAllThere
11th January 2012, 12:56
And a wit.

Well, half, anyway.

NotAllThere
11th January 2012, 12:59
Which reminds me. Time to wheel this one out again:

Joeman, you are a vulgar little maggot. Don't you know that you are pathetic? You worthless bag of filth. As they say in Texas, I'll bet you couldn't pour **** out of a boot with the instructions on the heel.

You are a canker. A sore that won't go away. I would rather kiss a lawyer on the lips than be seen with you. You are a fiend, a sniveling, spinless coward.

You have bad breath.

I feel debased just for knowing you exist. I despise everything about you especially your existence. You are a bloody nardless newbie twit rotohominid chromosomally aberrant caricature of a coprophagic cloacal parasitic pond scum.

I wish you would go away.

You're a putrescent mass, a walking vomit. You are a spineless little worm deserving nothing but the profoundest contempt. You are a jerk, a cad, a weasel. Your life is a monument to stupidity. You are a stench, a revulsion, a putrefaction, a big suck on a sour lemon with a lime twist.

You are a bleating foal, a curdled staggering mutant dwarf smeared richly with the effluvia and offal accompanying your alleged birth into this world. An insensate, blinking calf, meaningful to nobody, abandoned by the puke-drooling, giggling beasts who sired you and then killed themselves in regret for what they had done.

I will never get over the embarrassment of belonging to the same species as you. You give mammals a bad name. You are a monster, an ogre, a malformation.

I barf at the very thought of you.

You have all the appeal of a paper cut.

Lepers avoid you. Syphilitics laugh at you. You are vile, worthless, less than nothing. You are a weed, a fungus, a ferment, the dregs of this earth. And did I mention you smell?

If you aren't an idiot, you've made a world-class effort at simulating one. Try to edit your writing of unnecessary material before attempting to impress us with your insight. The evidence that you are a nincompoop will still be available to readers, but they will be able to access it more rapidly.

You snail-skulled little twit. Would that a hawk pick you up, drive its beak into your brain, and upon finding it rancid set you loose to fly briefly before spattering the ocean rocks with the frothy pink shame of your ignoble blood. May you choke on the queasy, convulsing nausea of your own trite, foolish beliefs

You are weary, stale, flat and unprofitable. You are grimy, squalid, nasty and profane. You are foul and disgusting. You're a fool, an ignoramus. Monkeys look down on you. Even sheep won't have sex with you. Your hand refuses autoerotism. You are unreservedly pathetic, starved for attention, and lost in a land that reality forgot.

And what meaning do you expect your delusional self-important statements of unknowing, inexperienced opinion to have? What fantasy do you hold that you would believe that your tiny-fisted tantrums would have more weight than that of a leprous desert rat, spinning rabidly in a circle, waiting for the bite of the snake?

You are a waste of flesh. You have no rhythm. You are ridiculous and obnoxious. You are the moral equivalent of a leech. You are a living emptiness, a meaningless void. You are sour and senile. You are a disease, you puerile one-handed slack-jawed drooling meat slapper.

On a good day you're a half-wit. You remind me of drool. You are deficient in all that lends character. You have the personality of wallpaper.

You are dank and filthy. You are asinine and benighted. You are the source of all unpleasantness. You spread misery and sorrow wherever you go.

I cannot believe how incredibly stupid you are. I mean rock-hard stupid. Dehydrated-rock-hard stupid. Stupid so stupid that it goes way beyond the stupid we know into a whole different dimension of stupid. You are trans-stupid stupid. Meta-stupid. Stupid collapsed on itself so far that even the neutrons have collapsed. Stupid gotten so dense that no intellect can escape. Singularity stupid. Blazing hot mid-day sun on the warm side of Mercury stupid. You emit more stupid in one second than our entire galaxy emits in a year. Quasar stupid. Your writing has to be a troll. Nothing in our universe can really be this stupid.

Perhaps this is some primordial fragment from the original big bang of stupid. Some pure essence of a stupid so uncontaminated by anything else as to be beyond the laws of physics that we know. I'm sorry. I can't go on. This is an epiphany of stupid for me. After this, you may not hear from me again for a while. I don't have enough strength left to deride your ignorant questions and half baked comments about unimportant trivia, or any of the rest of your drivel.

Your attempt at constructing a creative post. I mean, really, stringing together a bunch of insults among a load of babbling was hardly effective... Maybe later in life, after you have learned to read, write, spell, count, and learn a language, any Language, you will have more success. True, these are rudimentary skills that many of us "normal" people take for granted that everyone has an easy time of mastering. But we sometimes forget that there are "challenged" persons in this world who find these things more difficult. If I had known, that this was your case then I would have never read your post.

And you're boring...

TheFaQQer
11th January 2012, 13:13

Joeman, you are a vulgar little maggot. Don't you know that you are pathetic? You worthless bag of filth. As they say in Texas, I'll bet you couldn't pour **** out of a boot with the instructions on the heel.

You are a canker. A sore that won't go away. I would rather kiss a lawyer on the lips than be seen with you. You are a fiend, a sniveling, spinless coward.

You have bad breath.

I feel debased just for knowing you exist. I despise everything about you especially your existence. You are a bloody nardless newbie twit rotohominid chromosomally aberrant caricature of a coprophagic cloacal parasitic pond scum.

You're a putrescent mass, a walking vomit. You are a spineless little worm deserving nothing but the profoundest contempt. You are a jerk, a cad, a weasel. Your life is a monument to stupidity. You are a stench, a revulsion, a putrefaction, a big suck on a sour lemon with a lime twist.

You are a bleating foal, a curdled staggering mutant dwarf smeared richly with the effluvia and offal accompanying your alleged birth into this world. An insensate, blinking calf, meaningful to nobody, abandoned by the puke-drooling, giggling beasts who sired you and then killed themselves in regret for what they had done.

I will never get over the embarrassment of belonging to the same species as you. You give mammals a bad name. You are a monster, an ogre, a malformation.

Lepers avoid you. Syphilitics laugh at you. You are vile, worthless, less than nothing. You are a weed, a fungus, a ferment, the dregs of this earth. And did I mention you smell?

If you aren't an idiot, you've made a world-class effort at simulating one. Try to edit your writing of unnecessary material before attempting to impress us with your insight. The evidence that you are a nincompoop will still be available to readers, but they will be able to access it more rapidly.

You snail-skulled little twit. Would that a hawk pick you up, drive its beak into your brain, and upon finding it rancid set you loose to fly briefly before spattering the ocean rocks with the frothy pink shame of your ignoble blood. May you choke on the queasy, convulsing nausea of your own trite, foolish beliefs

You are weary, stale, flat and unprofitable. You are grimy, squalid, nasty and profane. You are foul and disgusting. You're a fool, an ignoramus. Monkeys look down on you. Even sheep won't have sex with you. Your hand refuses autoerotism. You are unreservedly pathetic, starved for attention, and lost in a land that reality forgot.

And what meaning do you expect your delusional self-important statements of unknowing, inexperienced opinion to have? What fantasy do you hold that you would believe that your tiny-fisted tantrums would have more weight than that of a leprous desert rat, spinning rabidly in a circle, waiting for the bite of the snake?

You are a waste of flesh. You have no rhythm. You are ridiculous and obnoxious. You are the moral equivalent of a leech. You are a living emptiness, a meaningless void. You are sour and senile. You are a disease, you puerile one-handed slack-jawed drooling meat slapper.

On a good day you're a half-wit. You remind me of drool. You are deficient in all that lends character. You have the personality of wallpaper.

You are dank and filthy. You are asinine and benighted. You are the source of all unpleasantness. You spread misery and sorrow wherever you go.

I cannot believe how incredibly stupid you are. I mean rock-hard stupid. Dehydrated-rock-hard stupid. Stupid so stupid that it goes way beyond the stupid we know into a whole different dimension of stupid. You are trans-stupid stupid. Meta-stupid. Stupid collapsed on itself so far that even the neutrons have collapsed. Stupid gotten so dense that no intellect can escape. Singularity stupid. Blazing hot mid-day sun on the warm side of Mercury stupid. You emit more stupid in one second than our entire galaxy emits in a year. Quasar stupid. Your writing has to be a troll. Nothing in our universe can really be this stupid.

Perhaps this is some primordial fragment from the original big bang of stupid. Some pure essence of a stupid so uncontaminated by anything else as to be beyond the laws of physics that we know. I'm sorry. I can't go on. This is an epiphany of stupid for me. After this, you may not hear from me again for a while. I don't have enough strength left to deride your ignorant questions and half baked comments about unimportant trivia, or any of the rest of your drivel.

Your attempt at constructing a creative post. I mean, really, stringing together a bunch of insults among a load of babbling was hardly effective... Maybe later in life, after you have learned to read, write, spell, count, and learn a language, any Language, you will have more success. True, these are rudimentary skills that many of us "normal" people take for granted that everyone has an easy time of mastering. But we sometimes forget that there are "challenged" persons in this world who find these things more difficult. If I had known, that this was your case then I would have never read your post.

And you're boring...

:spel snivelling
:spel spineless
:spel language

HTH

NotAllThere
11th January 2012, 13:19

HTH

First is American spelling, from whence it originated.
Second is spinless - like the Higgs Boson, he doesn't really exist.
Third - oh well.

TestMangler
11th January 2012, 13:21

HTH

You missed out:

:spel and not particularly funny.

MarillionFan
11th January 2012, 13:22
First is American spelling, from whence it originated.
Second is spinless - like the Higgs Boson, he doesn't really exist.
Third - oh well.

I'd have banned him for that.:tongue

Joeman
11th January 2012, 14:01
BLAH BLA BLAH.......

So you just discovered how to use copy and paste?? well done... I guess those opposable thumbs are coming in useful for something other than sticking up your arse after all....
:banana:

Regent
11th January 2012, 14:14
Having observed "Joeman's" posts, from a neutral outsider's point of view, he seems to have offered some good input into the forum.

Zippy
11th January 2012, 14:18
So you just discovered how to use copy and paste?? well done... I guess those opposable thumbs are coming in useful for something other than sticking up your arse after all....
:banana:

125?

d000hg
11th January 2012, 14:18
missed one - When backed into a corner and losing the fight, use the age old tradition of becoming the Typo Police, because telling a man he made a typo is the worst insult in the world and will make you look like a real keyboard warrior :yay:Also...

When your feelings get hurt in one thread, make sure to rail on about it in other unrelated threads. The more you whinge in a passive-aggressive fashion, the more people will come to your support.
HTH

eek
11th January 2012, 14:19

You have bad breath.

And you're boring...

WNATS said especially the last bit.

Arturo Bassick
11th January 2012, 14:19
:banana:Is that not what they are for? hmmmm

NotAllThere
11th January 2012, 14:23
Having observed "Joeman's" posts, from a neutral outsider's point of view, he seems to have offered some good input into the forum.

Said Joeman's other sockie...

Regent
11th January 2012, 14:29
Said Joeman's other sockie...

Just another tactic Joeman. Best to simply ignore.

MarillionFan
11th January 2012, 14:30

So I've got you down with three sockies at the moment KIP. How many more do you want to admit to?

Actually it should be quite easy. A mod only needs to go and look at your 'rep' and draw a shortlist from all of the +ve reps. I'm betting Russell is one.

Zippy
11th January 2012, 14:31
Is that not what they are for? hmmmm

Wiping your arse, possibly?

Joeman
11th January 2012, 14:31
Also...

When your feelings get hurt in one thread, make sure to rail on about it in other unrelated threads. The more you whinge in a passive-aggressive fashion, the more people will come to your support.
HTH

its you carrying the bagage from another thread, not me - this was just a general rule of forums that was missed from the list... where do i mention any other thread?? you're making stuff up again to make yourself look big and clever arent you... :laugh:laugh

Joeman
11th January 2012, 14:37

thanks mate :)
I guess certain people on here feel a bit intimidated by my presence and feel they need to abuse me.. that’s ok, what comes around goes around..

Regent
11th January 2012, 14:40
thanks mate :)
I guess certain people on here feel a bit intimidated by my presence and feel they need to abuse me.. that’s ok, what comes around goes around..

PM me. I've details of an agency who are shit hot and fixed me up yesterday.

No problem.

Spacecadet
11th January 2012, 14:43
its you carrying the bagage from another thread, not me - this was just a general rule of forums that was missed from the list... where do i mention any other thread?? you're making stuff up again to make yourself look big and clever arent you... :laugh:laugh

You alluded to the CompSci thread twice:

I must have really hit a nerve..

Mind you, this is general and there are no ******* rules

MarillionFan
11th January 2012, 14:44

Is that the rule?

Joeman
11th January 2012, 14:57
You alluded to the CompSci thread twice:

its all in your mind! dont you see how ive not mentioned the CompSci thread once (until now), yet its got so far under your skin that everything i now type reminds you of it?? im playing mind games and it seems im winning ;)
:banana::banana:

Spacecadet
11th January 2012, 14:59
its all in your mind! dont you see how ive not mentioned the CompSci thread once (until now), yet its got so far under your skin that everything i now type reminds you of it?? im playing mind games and it seems im winning ;)
:banana::banana:

A. You assume I care
B. If it wasn't that thread what were you talking about?
C. Given your general lack of activity and that being the thread you've been most active in, then yes, everything you've done today will make people think of that thread

NotAllThere
11th January 2012, 15:14
So you just discovered how to use copy and paste?? well done....When compared with the stunning originality of your posts.. :tumble:

Regent
11th January 2012, 15:16
So I've got you down with three sockies at the moment KIP. How many more do you want to admit to?

Actually it should be quite easy. A mod only needs to go and look at your 'rep' and draw a shortlist from all of the +ve reps. I'm betting Russell is one.

:hug::hug:

Joeman
11th January 2012, 15:19
A. You assume I care
B. If it wasn't that thread what were you talking about?
C. Given your general lack of activity and that being the thread you've been most active in, then yes, everything you've done today will make people think of that thread

Well you obviously do care else you wouldnt reply :laugh

d000hg
11th January 2012, 15:22

:tumble:

Joeman
11th January 2012, 15:25
:tumble:

picture on the inside of your head?? thanks, that confirms a lot...

NotAllThere
11th January 2012, 15:33
...Actually it should be quite easy. A mod only needs to go and look at your 'rep' ...Done that. Not very interesting.

MarillionFan
11th January 2012, 15:36
Done that. Not very interesting.

(1) IP Address. Have you checked that?
(2) Email address. Work or Hotmail type?
(3) Known Associates. Have you looked into them.
(4) CCTV. You need to check that as well

Come on man. It's like fricking amateur hour on here. I'd have cracked the case before the end of the hour. In my day yada yada yada

Joeman
11th January 2012, 15:39

yeah, thinking i might just do that... getting bored now, was fun to start with, but its obvious some people on here are nasty bits of work just looking for a fight.. Not really a nice forum to hang about in is it... must be the Contractor money going to their heads - give some guys a few quid and they think they're some kind of Alpha Male... its all a bit "Cave Man" for me...

Joeman
11th January 2012, 15:43
(4) CCTV. You need to check that as well

Come on man. It's like fricking amateur hour on here. I'd have cracked the case before the end of the hour. In my day yada yada yada

Lol, im bouncing my traffic through a server outside the UK just to add to the fun :)

Churchill
11th January 2012, 15:44
What a ******** shambles :facepalm:

DodgyAgent
11th January 2012, 15:45
some people on here are nasty bits of work just looking for a fight.. Not really a nice forum to hang about in is it... must be the Contractor money going to their heads - give some guys a few quid and they think they're some kind of Alpha Male... its all a bit "Cave Man" for me...

You've finally worked it out :happy

Joeman
11th January 2012, 15:46
I'd better disconnect before you get a trace on me!! (like they do in the old movies)
Actually im done for the day, later haters...
:moon: :moon: :moon:

NotAllThere
11th January 2012, 16:01
(4) CCTV. You need to check that as wellNo. Can't be bothered.

MarillionFan
11th January 2012, 16:05
No. Can't be bothered.

That's what happens when you let them in with a couple of GCSES & take away the minimum height requirement. :eyes

Zippy
11th January 2012, 16:08
That's what happens when you let them in with a couple of GCSES & take away the minimum height requirement. :eyes

Personally, I feel the rot set in when they let women (of both sexes) on the board. It only encouraged 'em.

EricBartlett
11th January 2012, 18:36

Regent
EricBartlett
Malvolio
Joeman
Wilmslow
Pacharan
Zippy

I have been officially warned that I shouldn't call you a fat, lardy arse, fu<kwit with terrible halitosis a general lack of personal hygiene and total lack of wit. So I suppose I shouldn't.

I have also been told that it would be pointless to mention that you have the charm of cold vomit discovered in a shop doorway the morning after the christmas party, because you have the cognitive skills of a retarded mealworm. So I guess I won't.

but just for clarity - I am not a sockie.

Although it would be interesting to see who you think I am a/the sockie of?

MarillionFan
11th January 2012, 18:39
I have been officially warned that I shouldn't call you a fat, lardy arse, fu<kwit with terrible halitosis a general lack of personal hygiene and total lack of wit. So I suppose I shouldn't.

I have also been told that it would be pointless to mention that you have the charm of cold vomit discovered in a shop doorway the morning after the christmas party, because you have the cognitive skills of a retarded mealworm. So I guess I won't.

Although it would be interesting to see who you think I am a/the sockie of?

EricBartlett
11th January 2012, 18:42

Side bet? PM me!

shaunbhoy
11th January 2012, 18:44

Sure..........

http://th530.photobucket.com/albums/dd343/bproctor0901/th_Pinocchio.jpg

:eyes

Joeman
11th January 2012, 18:46
whats the obsession with sokies on this forum anyway?? dont people have anything better to talk about??

EricBartlett
11th January 2012, 18:48
whats the obsession with sokies on this forum anyway?? dont people have anything better to talk about??

Well Joe - You pick a topic and lets see where we go.....

NickFitz
11th January 2012, 18:53

Why do people still think IP addresses are any good for identifying people who don't want to be identified?

Post from ClientCo and you probably go through a proxy. Everybody has the same IP address. A friend of mine used to be identified as being in Spain whilst working in Milton Keynes, because the company's web access went through a proxy in the Barcelona office.

Then there's posting from a phone. I sometimes get identified as being in Germany when O2 get overloaded and route stuff through there. The last time I was in Germany was in 1978. Anyway, I'll probably have a different IP address in five minutes, having disconnected and reconnected.

None of that even requires any effort to not be identified by the user.

MarillionFan
11th January 2012, 19:03
Why do people still think IP addresses are any good for identifying people who don't want to be identified?

Post from ClientCo and you probably go through a proxy. Everybody has the same IP address. A friend of mine used to be identified as being in Spain whilst working in Milton Keynes, because the company's web access went through a proxy in the Barcelona office.

Then there's posting from a phone. I sometimes get identified as being in Germany when O2 get overloaded and route stuff through there. The last time I was in Germany was in 1978. Anyway, I'll probably have a different IP address in five minutes, having disconnected and reconnected.

None of that even requires any effort to not be identified by the user.

Can someone check this poster out as well? He seems iffy to me.

d000hg
11th January 2012, 19:27
Well Joe - You pick a topic and lets see where we go.....He tried that. It was so boring we ended up discussing spelling and grammar.

Joeman
11th January 2012, 19:30
He tried that. It was so boring we ended up discussing spelling and grammar.

would that be the thread that was too technical for you to understand because the hardware in question doesn't have an F1 key for help??

d000hg
11th January 2012, 19:32
No, it was in a thread which actually happened.

AtW
11th January 2012, 19:33
Can someone check this poster out as well? He seems iffy to me.

The lady doth protest too much...

Regent
11th January 2012, 19:51

From some brief analysis, seems to be the 'general' folk don't want 'gate crashers' to intrude into their little party or what ever it is...:confused:

Regent
11th January 2012, 19:59
From some brief analysis, seems to be the 'general' folk don't want 'gate crashers' to intrude into their little party or what ever it is...:confused:

That said, this is an excellent website and the other forums are very good.

Joeman
11th January 2012, 20:07

yep, seems some people on here see 'outsiders' as a threat, and their only means of retaliation is abuse...

Local forum for Local people...
http://www.cbc.ca/arts/images/pics/league2.jpg

Regent
11th January 2012, 20:15
Maybe 'd000hg' can do something useful and vote on the spice girls thread....ginger and/or scary need a few more votes.

:smile

EricBartlett
11th January 2012, 20:16
yep, seems some people on here see 'outsiders' as a threat, and their only means of retaliation is abuse...

Local forum for Local people...

That is a little unfair. I don't think its anything to do with "outsiders" for some of them abuse is their only means of communication - period!

MarillionFan
11th January 2012, 20:18

Go on! Feck off! We don't want you types here. Coming in with your ways, nicking our threads, posting with our women.

Go on, go home to where you came!:mad:

Regent
11th January 2012, 20:20
Come on Eric, vote ginger.

You know it makes sense.

:wink

Joeman
11th January 2012, 20:21
Go on! Feck off! We don't want you types here. Coming in with your ways, nicking our threads, posting with our women.

time to move over you 'old timer', the new boys are in town, and we're taking over this place, one thread at a time ;)

Regent
11th January 2012, 20:21

:hug:

MarillionFan
11th January 2012, 20:23
time to move over you 'old timer', the new boys are in town, and we're taking over this place, one thread at a time ;)

That's one person with multiple personality disorder you mean.

Joeman
11th January 2012, 20:26
That's one person with multiple personality disorder you mean.

who me?? multiple personalities?? how you figure that out??

Regent
11th January 2012, 20:30
Vote now Joeman. The poll will close at 10pm.

:laugh

MarillionFan
11th January 2012, 20:52
How bizarre! Joeman, Eric and Regent have all stopped posting at the same time! :grin

I think someones mummy is home. :laugh

EricBartlett
11th January 2012, 20:55
How bizarre! Joeman, Eric and Regent have all stopped posting at the same time! :grin

:wave:

EricBartlett
11th January 2012, 20:56

PS - Mr Bartlett to you boy!

d000hg
11th January 2012, 21:43
Maybe 'd000hg' can do something useful and vote on the spice girls thread....ginger and/or scary need a few more votes.

:smileWell "Regent", if I could remember which was which maybe I would.

Regent
11th January 2012, 21:49
Well "Regent", if I could remember which was which maybe I would.

Well, it's quite straightforward; poll closes in 10 minutes.

Vote Ginger, makes sense.

:wink

Joeman
11th January 2012, 22:56

Took some time out to do something useful... actually using some hardcore hacker skills to extract transaction data from an EPOS system that the vendor wont provide API's for, or allow database access too. I could bore you with the details of my exploits, but its a bit technical, and some of the people here might feel a bit intimidated...

EricBartlett
11th January 2012, 22:59
..... I could bore you........

Didn't someone else say that earlier?

MarillionFan
11th January 2012, 22:59
Took some time out to do something useful... actually using some hardcore hacker skills to extract transaction data from an EPOS system that the vendor wont provide API's for, or allow database access too. I could bore you with the details of my exploits, but its a bit technical, and some of the people here might feel a bit intimidated...

Well done. Torex would be proud of you. :laugh

Joeman
11th January 2012, 23:03
Didn't someone else say that earlier?

yeah probably, but do i look like i care??

Joeman
11th January 2012, 23:06
Well done. Torex would be proud of you. :laugh

makes a change from my normal contracts, by day in in the City working on global trading systems, by night im hacking into epos systems... all good fun!

MarillionFan
11th January 2012, 23:07
makes a change from my normal contracts, by day in in the City working on global trading systems, by night im hacking into epos systems... all good fun!

Hows the flying lessons?

AtW
11th January 2012, 23:08
Hows the flying lessons?

Tornado + spagetti?

Joeman
11th January 2012, 23:13
Hows the flying lessons?

great actually! planning to buy a plane in the spring/summer and setup a syndicate, you fly? want in??

Regent
11th January 2012, 23:33
Now, one last time JoeMan, you are fighting a losing battle. Please use your energy remaining to post a vote on the poll.

Thank you, Regent

Joeman
11th January 2012, 23:38
Now, one last time JoeMan, you are fighting a losing battle. Please use your energy remaining to post a vote on the poll.

Thank you, Regent

LOL, im grinding them down, its working too, most of the trolls have lost interest or got themselves in such as mess, they dont know why they are having a go at me in the first place...:rollin:

Regent
11th January 2012, 23:43
LOL, im grinding them down, its working too, most of the trolls have lost interest or got themselves in such as mess, they dont know why they are having a go at me in the first place...:rollin:

No Joeman; please listen, cast your vote on the poll. You are not grinding anyone down. Please vote and then get some kip.

Please take my advice, with regards, Regent.

Joeman
11th January 2012, 23:47
No Joeman; please listen, cast your vote on the poll. You are not grinding anyone down. Please vote and then get some kip.

Please take my advice, with regards, Regent.

Done- be back at 6am for another round of pointless arguments..

MarillionFan
11th January 2012, 23:49

Make sure you do your paper round on time this morning Joe. You were almost late for school.:eyes

EricBartlett
11th January 2012, 23:52
Make sure you do your paper round on time this morning Joe. You were almost late for school.:eyes

Bloody Hell MF! is that really the limit of your insults?

Regent
11th January 2012, 23:53

The poll is officially closed (although I didn't fill in the details on the form to confirm the ending time).

Hope you voted ginger anyway and I guess the poll is still open due to my user error.

Don't bother - have a sleep in.

:smile

Joeman
11th January 2012, 23:59
Bloody Hell MF! is that really the limit of your insults?

LOL, hes just jealous because most paper rounds pay better than he'll ever get paid for his daily rate.