• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Predictions

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Predictions

Predictions made 100 years ago, some pretty accurate ones.

BBC News - Ten 100-year predictions that came true

Any ideas for developments in next 100?

Mine is programmable tattoos. You'll be able to watch TV on the palm of your hand.
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
    Mine is programmable tattoos. You'll be able to watch TV on the palm of your hand.
    Thats not yours, it's Peter F. Hamilton's

Commonwealth Saga - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    OCTattoos (Organic Circuitry Tattoos) are also a major technological device. These are tattooed on the skin and resemble colourful, often metallic tattoos, and serve hundreds of purposes from transferring credits to serving as sensors. Their main function is to act as processors for other implants (which may function at reduced capacity if an OCTattoo is damaged).
    Coffee's for closers

Comment

11 mini Ice-Ages and 14 warming periods, none of which were properly predicted by the "egg-spurts".

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Artificial sperm available to women who can design the genetic makeup of "male" partner.
        All current currencies fail and replaced by one global currency, backed by gold held in world central bank.
        House prices go up so much you have to get a self cert 500% mortgage at 200x imaginary income just to pay for the stamp duty, and the govt and media welcomes this news with open arms as "good news".
        AtW's Ska finally becomes a reality.

I know, the last one is ridiculous.

Comment

Wilmslow finally has his wish granted and becomes a real forum poster
          Coffee's for closers

Comment

Predictions made 100 years ago, some pretty accurate ones.

BBC News - Ten 100-year predictions that came true

from micro laser chips embedded in your eyeballs.

The only downside will be incessant advertising each time you walk past a shop.
            Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

I predict it'll be just like the middle ages again, due to oil running out, several world wars over resources, climate change not occurring, and offshoring of work.

Comment

You'll be able to watch TV on the palm of your hand.
                I'll never work up a good rhythm that way. I'll have to keep letting go of it for a few secs to have a watch and then try to get my stroke back.

Unless... will they do left handed TV versions you think?

Comment

The thing with these 'Wow, how did he know?! He was so ahead of his time!' prediction news stories is that any old crazy with a good imagination can take a look at emerging technologies and popular science fiction and extrapolate them into future possibilities. Half of them don't come true and are forgotten but the half that do are suddenly oracular prophecies and the crazy man is a genius.
                  It's about time I changed this sig...

Comment

Reading the scanned image I get a strong feeling of internet hoax.

It wouldn't be the first time...
                    Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Working...
                    X