• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Nice Area

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice Area

Esteemed Gentlemen of the Forum,

I've forgotten what a bunch of p1ss-taking, unhelpful sods you are (bit like me really, except I have hands and an arse like a baboon), so I venture a serious question. If anyone gives me a serious answer I promise to be their friend at playtime and flick snot balls at the bullies.

Does anyone here know the Surrey towns of Weybridge and Esher well? If so, what are they like these days? And which of the two is better (if at all)?
    Autom...Sprow...Canna...Tik banna...Sandwol...But no sera smee

Yep I know em'

Depends upon what you are looking for

Esher - expensive, full of chelsea footballers, Chris Tarrent and I saw Louise only 2 weeks ago (her and Jamie got a place in Oxshot). Good town for Restaurants and err umm not alot else.

Weybridge full of charity shops and too close to Hersham

What do you really want to know?
    Your parents ruin the first half of your life and your kids ruin the second half

Comment

Originally posted by MrsGoof
      What do you really want to know?
      Thanks

I'm looking for a 'nice' area. I don't know Surrey very well and suspect that, like Kent (where I currently live), the areas with the best historical reputation are now filled with blokes in white vans and Chavs. What I don't want to do is part with a small fortune only to find myself living next to Bob the Builder and his brood of 7 brats.

I'm looking for somewhere that is 'green' but close enough to London for a reasonable daily train journey. Somewhere very boring and peaceful. I don't care about trendy bars, and I don't care if the neighbours are complete snobs who ignore you.
      Autom...Sprow...Canna...Tik banna...Sandwol...But no sera smee

Comment

Other places in the area are Fetcham, Cobham , Leatherhead, Epsom (towards the downs), Parts of Ewell err umm thats all I can think of near Esher.

If you want more post or PM me.

MG
        Your parents ruin the first half of your life and your kids ruin the second half

Comment

Originally posted by WageSlave
          the areas with the best historical reputation are now filled with blokes in white vans and Chavs
          Oh well, you don't want chavs. You can live in an area without chavs, my friend, although you have to be able to afford the price for a daily commute to France or Belgium by Eurostar, I am afraid.

Will send you an email anyway.
          I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Comment

Esher is nice if you afford something detached with gun turrets. Otherwise you'll get burgled both in the home and the arse.

My brother has a nice 4 bed detached place there. Lucky bastard - that's what happens when you are a damn Cisco dude.
            Serving religion with the contempt it deserves...

Comment

Hello Wage, wondered why you werent around the potting shed lately. Is it OK if I knock it down now?
              I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
              Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

Thanks

I'm looking for a 'nice' area. I don't know Surrey very well and suspect that, like Kent (where I currently live), the areas with the best historical reputation are now filled with blokes in white vans and Chavs. What I don't want to do is part with a small fortune only to find myself living next to Bob the Builder and his brood of 7 brats.

I'm looking for somewhere that is 'green' but close enough to London for a reasonable daily train journey. Somewhere very boring and peaceful. I don't care about trendy bars, and I don't care if the neighbours are complete snobs who ignore you.
                Weybridge - good restaurants, expensive, some chavy bits
                Woodham - nice, sleepy, old people
                West Byfleet - nice, villagy, close to station with direct to Waterloo
                Byfleet - little more chavvish than W. Byfleet
                Ottershaw - chavvish
                Woking - bit sh1tty, chavish, loads of new "prefabs" being built to satisfy government's welfare expansion
                Ripley - Eric clapton, farmer's market, expensive
                Send/Send Marsh - nice, villagy, new houses - all built on flood plain

Problem is with areas of Surrey (like Kent) the traffic is a nightmare, Tesco's are spreading, prefabs are being built everywhere on every scrap of land - there's just too many people here and the cancerous spread of chavdom is threating all villages...

I blame tony myself. And this time I do.
                If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Thanks

Consider inland Sussex - considered a bit of a backwater (wrong side of London) and doesn't get much publicity. Great Train service (Haywards Heath to London 50 mins, peak 12 trains an hour). Lots of countryside and small quiet villages if that's your bag. Coast/London close enough.

Absolutely "boring and peaceful" and definitely not trendy.

By the way - don't tell anyone.

Comment

Thanks

What about Buckinghamshire?
                    The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Working...
                    X