• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Business Bank Accounts - what to look out for

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Business Bank Accounts - what to look out for

Hi all,

I am due to meet Lloyds to discuss opening a bank account for my new LTD I.T. company.

I was wondering if any of you could tell me what to look out for when discussing an account. I don't want to be persuaded into taking a poor account just because the bank employee is on commission..

I am currently doing research on the web too. Just wondering if there is anything you guys have come across that I should avoid...

Regards

Originally posted by heyya99 View Post
    Hi all,

I am due to meet Lloyds to discuss opening a bank account for my new LTD I.T. company.

I was wondering if any of you could tell me what to look out for when discussing an account. I don't want to be persuaded into taking a poor account just because the bank employee is on commission..

I am currently doing research on the web too. Just wondering if there is anything you guys have come across that I should avoid...

Regards
    Lloyds = expensive,

HSBC = Free

Comment

Banks

Hi all,

Regards
      Look out for what they charge for your business account. Some charge a % for cash paid in, others charge a monthly fee or both! I do know some banks offer free business banking for a year...I believe HSBC are at the moment.

Good Luck!!

Comment

Hi all,

Regards
        HSBC or Cater Allen are what we have found to be the best for our contractors.

Comment

Cater Allen

Cater Allen are free - been with them for 4 years - excellent service and not had to pay a penny.

What was sweet was a few months ago I got a letter advising one of my direct debits had failed due to insufficent funds and they were not going to charge me - the letter was hand written! - don't get that often at banks!

Comment

Yup, Cater Allen is great value for money

You can help support CUK by signing up here:
            Free business bank account l IT contractor bank account l Cater Allen free banking :: Contractor UK

Comment

Originally posted by SneakySimon View Post
              Cater Allen are free - been with them for 4 years - excellent service and not had to pay a penny.

What was sweet was a few months ago I got a letter advising one of my direct debits had failed due to insufficent funds and they were not going to charge me - the letter was hand written! - don't get that often at banks!
              I have to say, Cater Allen have the most pleasant and polite call centre staff I've ever spoken to!
              ContractorUK Best Forum Adviser 2013

Comment

mmm, I'm not sure if you pro Cater Allen people are just saying that because you're advertising for them.. Are they really any good?

Also, I live in London and HSBC have a branch near me. Cater Allen do not...

Comment

mmm, I'm not sure if you pro Cater Allen people are just saying that because you're advertising for them.. Are they really any good?

Also, I live in London and HSBC have a branch near me. Cater Allen do not...
                  Only one of them is advertising, all the rest are happy customers. What better recommendation can a business get?

I am with Santander which no one has mentioned yet and I haven't stepped foot in a Branch for 4 years. Branches are for old gits that can't get with the digital age and kids cashing in their change IMO...

Santander have been good over 4 years. Odd short service outage I guess. They used to have a reputation for poor customer service but industry papers have said it has improved. I wouldn't know as I have never needed to pick the phone up to them. That in itself is a good point.

Worth a peek if you are looking around IMO.
                  'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

It seems that HSBC offer free banking for the first 18 months, therefore I don't see the need to go with Cater Allen really. I'd have to post all the material whereas with HSBC I can bring them in tomorrow.. Hmmm..

Comment

Working...
                    X