• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cameron hint over child benefit cuts for better-off

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BBC News - Cameron hint over child benefit cuts for better-off

What should the government do?

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post

BBC News - Cameron hint over child benefit cuts for better-off

What should the government do?
    Income sharing...

Comment

Base it by per household isn't that what they did when changed poll tax to council tax, in some ways I think that's a relevant example
      In Scooter we trust

Comment

Scrap all benefits, and make the unemployed smash up rocks in chain gangs.

Comment

Timing not so bad the last of my issue will be 18 then, so not a great loss.

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
          DP, not quite what I had in mind but a glimmer of something useful there. Why aren't the unemployed doing something for their benefits is beyond me.
          Last edited by Scrag Meister; 13 January 2012, 09:00.
          Never has a man been heard to say on his death bed that he wishes he'd spent more time in the office.

Comment

This is true they should be made to earn them.

However going back to child benefit isn't this given to those families that work and have children
            In Scooter we trust

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
              Not normal for me to agree with you PrawnBoy, but in this case, I'll make an exception.
              When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Why not cut child benefits for everybody? Or abolish them?

After all, 'we're all in this together'.
                And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

It looks like Labour has well utilised the years in power to create a generation of benefits dependents who do not know how to take care of themselves if this safety net was suddenly withdrawn. I browse several other forums and its concerning how some people are completely helpless if any of the benefits are taken away.

I have read threads where come were in tears that their benefit was being cut from 150 pw to 100 pw or whatever small amount it was and that it has majorly caused them stress. How did it come to this ?

18 year old kids want to go onto the benefits train rather than working their ass off in getting some skills.
                  Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

GF Bachus is from Eastern Europe and she is amazed that we not only tolerate but pay the workshy benefit dependant chav-scum to have more babies

That said I am also amazed that we pay a flat "child-benefit" - walk around somewhere like Richmond or Windsor and you see the yummy-mummies and milfs prancing around with manicures that cost a month's child benefit which could well be better spent; there are some genuinely needy people out there too!

Comment

Working...
                    X