• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Edinburgh Pubs - smoke free

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Edinburgh Pubs - smoke free

I was in Edinburgh at the weekend visiting a relative and had a few beers in a couple of pubs. I was very pleasantly suprised at how much difference the smoke free atmosphere made.
    I thought it was fantastic and it has made me much more in favour of the English ban than I was before, yes the smokers have a right to smoke but I have the right to more nights like that.

(\__/)
    (>'.'<)
    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Hopefully they will ban drinking in pubs too. People being drunk really spoils my night out.
    The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

I hope they ban showing football matches in Pubs

nothing ruins my night more than sharing a pub with a bunch of drunken football supporters yelping and punching the air whenever a goal is scored

Comment

Originally posted by Gold Dalek
        I hope they ban showing football matches in Pubs

nothing ruins my night more than sharing a pub with a bunch of drunken football supporters yelping and punching the air whenever a goal is scored
        Aye agree there. It even bothers me from the pissing pub about 30 doors up the road at 1AM thanks to the bloody late closing thing.
        Serving religion with the contempt it deserves...

Comment

I hope they ban seating in pubs.

Only woofters need to sit down whilst knocking back the booze

Comment

To the anti-football fascists: Simple - don't go into pubs which show football. I realise you have a God-given right to tell everyone else what to do, but trust me on this, if you go into a pub during an England world cup game and moan about the "bloody football" you may well end up minus a few teeth.
            To the anti-smoking fascists: Feck me, are you still going on about it?
            To the idiot who bought a house near a pub: What the feck did you expect?
            His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

I hope they ban pubs, football, smoking, drinking and any other form of entertainment.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn
                I hope they ban pubs, football, smoking, drinking and any other form of entertainment.
                You'll be joining me Sunday at the Quakers weekly silent worship meeting then brother.

See you, you ****. I'll cut you first...

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac
                  To the anti-football fascists: Simple - don't go into pubs which show football. I realise you have a God-given right to tell everyone else what to do, but trust me on this, if you go into a pub during an England world cup game and moan about the "bloody football" you may well end up minus a few teeth.
                  I'm not IN the fecking pub - I'm 30 doors up the road from it and I can hear the muppets shouting from there! Not only that, my bin gets full of puke and my car gets pissed on and my daughter woken up at 2AM by jeering dick heads wobbling all over the pavement.
                  Serving religion with the contempt it deserves...

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist
                    I was in Edinburgh at the weekend visiting a relative and had a few beers in a couple of pubs. I was very pleasantly suprised at how much difference the smoke free atmosphere made.
                    I thought it was fantastic and it has made me much more in favour of the English ban than I was before, yes the smokers have a right to smoke but I have the right to more nights like that.
                    Have to agree with you EO, the pubs up in Scotland are so much nicer now they are smoke free!

Cant wait for the total ban to come down this way (although given Englands ability to stuff up simple legislation lets just wait and see! ).

Mailman

Comment

Working...
                    X