• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Nine Euro Nations’ Ratings Cut, Seven Affirmed by S&P

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nine Euro Nations’ Ratings Cut, Seven Affirmed by S&P

No wonder EURUSD fell 250 pips today. Sunday opening gap should be interesting.

Linky
    'Orwell's 1984 was supposed to be a warning, not an instruction manual'. -
    Nick Pickles, director of Big Brother Watch.

Might have to use GBP to pay for next SKA server order

Comment

Originally posted by SantaClaus View Post
      No wonder EURUSD fell 250 pips today. Sunday opening gap should be interesting.

Linky
      When is the opening on Sunday?

Edit : So would I open a spreadbet selling EURUSD at £10/pip (with sensible stop loss) before the market opens to profit from this?
      Last edited by suityou01; 14 January 2012, 09:46.
      Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
        When Asia wakes up.

Edit : So would I open a spreadbet selling EURUSD at £10/pip (with sensible stop loss) before the market opens to profit from this?
        I think if you have to ask, it's probably best not to try.
        "A life, Jimmy, you know what that is? It’s the s*** that happens while you’re waiting for moments that never come." -- Lester Freamon

Comment

Going to keep an eye on the GBP to Euro exchange rates. Currently around 1.2.

If the Euro dives but is not expected to be replaced it may be an opportunity to transfer some money into Euros for holidays later in the year.

Though I'm hoping that those 4 bed villas with private pool you can rent for around 600 euros a month (if not bothered too much about location) become even cheaper and I can rent one for 12 months for next to nothing.

My dreams of 'working from villa', sat by the pool with the laptop and a cold drink is still alive.
          Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
          Feist - I Feel It All
          Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

The order won't open until the market opens at 10.00pm on Sunday. It will gap and you will open the order at that point, at which it will probably rally back up, putting you into an instant loss at that point.

Fill yer boots!

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
              The order won't open until the market opens at 10.00pm on Sunday. It will gap and you will open the order at that point, at which it will probably rally back up, putting you into an instant loss at that point.

Fill yer boots!

Thanks Prawn. That's what I would have expected. A bit like opening a spread on the index before the market opens. Tonnes of forum posts online with people getting burned on that one.

I'm relatively new to spreadbetting as you can tell, but made enough for a good night out while sitting on my arse while waiting for the closing bell on the NYSE last night.

I'm expecting a run on BNP Paribas and Soc Gen monday morning.

I was teetering on sellling Tesco last week when I heard the news on BBC breakfast before the markets opened but didn't have the balls.
              Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Thanks Prawn. That's what I would have expected. A bit like opening a spread on the index before the market opens. Tonnes of forum posts online with people getting burned on that one.

I'm relatively new to spreadbetting as you can tell, but made enough for a good night out while sitting on my arse while waiting for the closing bell on the NYSE last night.

I'm expecting a run on BNP Paribas and Soc Gen monday morning.

I was teetering on sellling Tesco last week when I heard the news on BBC breakfast before the markets opened but didn't have the balls.
                Be careful. Stop losses are not guaranteed stops and I've been cut out a few times to the tune of £100 extra here and £100 extra there when leaving spread bets on overnight. Personally I would be waiting to see what the market is like at 10:10 tomorrow night (or is it 9:10 this time of year) and then putting my bets on after that. The first few seconds of trading can be very volitile.
                merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                  Be careful. Stop losses are not guaranteed stops and I've been cut out a few times to the tune of £100 extra here and £100 extra there when leaving spread bets on overnight.
                  You dirty spekulant!

AtW

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                    You dirty spekulant!

AtW

No point being bitter. With all the info you've gathered with SKA you could have built an expert system that could accurately predict future market moves and place your bets automatically.
                    Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
                    Feist - I Feel It All
                    Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

Working...
                    X