• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Boris Johnson

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Boris Johnson

What a complete and utter tweet -

"Let nobody in Birmingham think this (HS2) will boost the Birmingham economy,” he said."

High-speed rail: Boris Johnson says that HS2 is 'not right' and 'doesn’t work properly' - Telegraph

Not a single person in Birmingham that I spoke about HS2 was against it - people in Coverty are pissed off for sure because there won't be a stop there, but they can get to London in 50 minutes using existing route anyway and a stop would add 5 mins (10% of time) easily.

As a Mayor of London he should welcome any new good transport links to and from London. Instead he opens his big gob on issues that he has no authority over - very bad team player who should have been kicked out of Tory party.

What a pathetic choice good people of London will have - Stupid Boris vs Red Ken
    Last edited by AtW; 15 January 2012, 00:17.

I like Boris!

Comment

Originally posted by k2p2 View Post
      I like Boris!
      I don't

Comment

I'm with Boris, the money would be far better invested in Crossrail 2. We don't really want any more brummies in London, and hardly any of them will be able to afford to use HS2 to come down here anyway.
        "A life, Jimmy, you know what that is? It’s the s*** that happens while you’re waiting for moments that never come." -- Lester Freamon

Comment

Originally posted by Freamon View Post
          I'm with Boris, the money would be far better invested in Crossrail 2. We don't really want any more brummies in London, and hardly any of them will be able to afford to use HS2 to come down here anyway.
          HS2 will be linked up to Channel Tunnel and trains will go all around europe - overnight sleeper can easily reach Venice by morning without any changes en route.

Comment

Pervert. Jail him and throw away the key.

Comment

Simple really.

Londoners have feck all interest in taking the fare North, and likewise in anyone from Brum commuting in. Crossrail all the way.

And... you think Ken is better??

Comment

Originally posted by realityhack View Post
                And... you think Ken is better??
                Boris made me consider if Ken is better!

Comment

I'd also like to see the Northern Line extension before HS2. And just imagine what that would do to the house prices in Wandsworth

Comment

Originally posted by Bunk View Post
                    And just imagine what that would do to the house prices in Wandsworth
                    Wot, they have no access to underground just now?

Comment

Working...
                    X