• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

BT Broadband is rubbish

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BT Broadband is rubbish

Not had broadband since they decided to have an outage since Friday morning (when i was working from home and it left my clients systems in the middle of a migration!).

Keep on getting through to their useless Indian call centre every time I call, who keep on asking the same pointless questions... Is the power on, have you changed the filter, is there a dial tone... Sh1theads.

"British" Telecom? I think not...

Callback booked from tech support....didn't happen. So I had to call their Bobs again, again having to put up with their automated sh1t. Now have an engineer coming round on Tuesday, that'll be 5 days without Internet, which means no possibility to work at home.

Fault is affecting only BT Internet around here, not other ISPs.

Hate BT, wish I never left my previous ISP for them. BT have just become a wholesale offshored profit centre with no regard for customers.

Will be complaining to Ofcom once net is back up, if ever.

Advice appreciated (seriously this has been a very frustrating few days)

If you think BT is rubbish, just try TalkTalk - they even send the debt collectors in when you've terminated your account legitimately.

I think nowadays I simply minimise the amount of services I require just for my sanity, I fecking hate it when the dialling tone goes "click , brrrr" and you just know Bob is going to respond with a cheery "Hello, my name is Nahasapeemapetilon but you can call me Justin".

"Hello? Are you still there?"

"Yes"

"What are you doing?"

"Putting the complainting entries"

"For 5 minutes?!?!?!"

"Pleasings"

ad infinitum...

Foreign call centres. Avoid. Life's too short.
    If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Get a proper ISP imo. One who's business is being an ISP and not a phone company with a sideline in providing internet connections.

Comment

Trouble up here too, although being out in the Boonies we don't have as much choice of ISP.

The speed is reasonable, but everything feels 'unstable'. You often just get a lockup, or 'unable to find server', and that's it...you have to switch off and re-boot.

It's a bit like BT are paying for the 'bronze' service rather than the 'gold' one. Like how budget airlines pay the minimum airport fees and you end up being shunted over to a deserted corner of the apron for ages until a 'standby' slot comes up.

Comment

Tomorrow will be 14 days without phone or internet and no fix in sight. BT can't give any indication when they'll get it working again.
          Me, me, me...

Comment

I have thought about changing to BT Infinity but everytime I hear anything about BT it's generally about how they are once again bottom of the customer satisfaction ratings.
            I'll still to my Sky ADSL for now!
            Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
              I have thought about changing to BT Infinity but everytime I hear anything about BT it's generally about how they are once again bottom of the customer satisfaction ratings.
              I'll still to my Sky ADSL for now!
              DON'T go for BT. I wouldn't even take it for free.

I've heard Zen are good so that's my choice as soon as this matter is sorted.

Comment

Originally posted by Cliphead View Post
                Tomorrow will be 14 days without phone or internet and no fix in sight. BT can't give any indication when they'll get it working again.
                I can see mine getting to 14 days easily. The Bobs can't do anything to help - they're just a buffer between customers and UK BT, to delay us.

What have BT said to you? Has an engineer come round?

Have you complained to anyone?

Comment

If you rely on broadband for work, then always have a backup like wot I have.
                  "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by ChimpMaster View Post
                    I can see mine getting to 14 days easily. The Bobs can't do anything to help - they're just a buffer between customers and UK BT, to delay us.

What have BT said to you? Has an engineer come round?

Have you complained to anyone?
                    BT haven't been iin touch since the 7th when the fault was supposed to be fixed. Repeated requests for an update get ignored by both India and UK.

No idea who to complain to and I doubt it'll make any difference.
                    Me, me, me...

Comment

Working...
                    X