• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Coming soon - "genuinely inclusive and popular capitalism"

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Coming soon - "genuinely inclusive and popular capitalism"

"Later this week David Cameron will give a speech which is expected to call for a “genuinely inclusive and popular capitalism”. Today, Mr Clegg will demand that the era of “crony capitalism”, in which wealth and economic interests have been “monopolised by the few” comes to an end. "

"“Firms that have engaged employees, who own a chunk of their company, are just as dynamic, just as savvy, as their competitors. In fact they often perform better. The 1980s was the decade of share ownership. I want this to be the decade of employee share ownership. We need more individuals to have a real stake in their firms, more of a John Lewis economy.” "

Source: Clegg plans a 'John Lewis economy' - Telegraph

FFS - if he thinks employee share ownership is great he should scrap this tulip of taxing employees on shares they get from company as if it was salary: FFS, going through EMI process is total PITA!
    Last edited by AtW; 16 January 2012, 00:27.

FFS - if he thinks employee share ownership is great he should scrap this tulip of taxing employees on shares they get from company as if it was salary: FFS
    It wouldn't be so bad if they gave tax back if the shares went down. I think I shall start a petition calling for a Capital Losses Refunds Tax.

PS FFS

PS As for the Clegg's ideas, great, but as usual one has to add "In theory". Great government ideas a) never happen or b) are implemented in an utter bollux fashion and don't work
    Last edited by xoggoth; 16 January 2012, 10:32.
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Working...
    X