• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Everything's fine and dandy

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First-time buyers alive and well as house prices become affordable, says CML – Telegraph Blogs

First-time buyers are alive and well as house prices become more affordable, according to the Council of Mortgage Lenders (CML). Despite higher deposits being required, reports of the disappearance of first-time buyers are greatly exaggerated because falling house prices are making property more affordable, banks and building societies claim.

Paul Smee, director general of the CML, said: “While the number of first-time buyers – and indeed all buyers – has declined markedly since the credit crunch, the proportion of loans advanced to first-time buyers has remained remarkably steady, fluctuating between 34pc and 40pc of the total since 2005. In November, first-time buyers took up 37pc of the house purchase market, the same as in October.”

Remember folks....

and

Rightmove said there were 44m searches in the first 10 days of 2012, a 27% increase on the same period last year, while the reluctance to sell was reflected in the lowest level of new supply that Rightmove has ever recorded.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Bonus cuts hit holiday homes - Telegraph

Comment

Good to get advice from an unbiased source like CML.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
          Good to get advice from an unbiased source like CML.
          How is life in the City going? I'll be visiting it early next month: should I bring my own lunchbox or it's affordable to buy it there and then?

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
            How is life in the City going? I'll be visiting it early next month: should I bring my own lunchbox or it's affordable to buy it there and then?
            Lunchbox? Have some ambition and kip in a cardboard box.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
              Yes, I know. Was there a problem of some sort?
              And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
                Yes, I know. Was there a problem of some sort?
                Not that I noticed. Papers keep banging on about some sort of Credit Crunch and recession or some such affecting the Proles.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                  Not that I noticed. Papers keep banging on about some sort of Credit Crunch and recession or some such affecting the Proles.
                  Jeeves had said the cost of caviar had gone up this last year. Had the cheek to ask me for a rise.
                  What happens in General, stays in General.
                  You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                    Jeeves had said the cost of caviar had gone up this last year. Had the cheek to ask me for a rise.
                    So your Jeeves eats the caviar and needed payraise to maintain expensive taste?

Comment

Working...
                    X