• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Eurozone debt crisis soon to be over

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Eurozone debt crisis soon to be over

Eurozone debt crisis likely to be over soon, predicts HSBC - Telegraph

Looks like the final leg. Even with S&P cutting ratings, Italian bond yields fell today.
    I'm alright Jack

About time - it's like the worst soap opera ever: bankrupt a few hedge funds stupid enough to play againt the will of the volk and get back home in time for supper.

Comment

Excellent news!

Let's continue our transition from Westminster govt to a completely unelected and unaccountable govt in Brussels, adopt the Euro and ditch the pound and all start speaking Esperanto.

Just one thing? What happens to the 1 trillion Euros just lent to all the bankrupt banks that are chock full of bad debts? Can we just forget about that bit?

Comment

Can some explain after todays trading and the downgrades why the UK with it's AAA came in third place?

Germany's Dax index was up 1.2%,
        while France's Cac 40 was up 0.9%
        the UK's FTSE 100 was 0.3% higher
        "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
          Can some explain after todays trading and the downgrades why the UK with it's AAA came in third place?
          The growth in UK shares has already been priced in by ultra-cunning investors in ze City of London.

HTH

sasguru

Comment

I don't worry about the Euro banks debt because most of it is in the UK financial sector, and will be bailed out by the UK government.

UK to handover billions more to save the Euro
            I'm alright Jack

Comment

What about Greece, Portugal, Norway, Ireland, etc?

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
                What about Greece, Portugal, Norway, Ireland, etc?
                What's wrong with Norway?!?!

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                  What's wrong with Norway?!?!
                  Ah, maybe I'm jumping the gun. Replace it with whichever non-Euro country it was that was flapping around last week.

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
                    Ah, maybe I'm jumping the gun. Replace it with whichever non-Euro country it was that was flapping around last week.
                    Scotland?
                    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Working...
                    X