• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Chinese economic growth falls to its slowest rate in over two years

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chinese economic growth falls to its slowest rate in over two years

only 8.9%.

How will they cope?

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    only 8.9%.

How will they cope?
    Isn't the chinese stock market down something like 30% over the past year?

Not all is well in china.
    "A life, Jimmy, you know what that is? It’s the s*** that happens while you’re waiting for moments that never come." -- Lester Freamon

Comment

Originally posted by Freamon View Post

Look, for normal people real economic growth means they got jobs rather than being unemployed and they get to buy food and other essential: they don't give a flying monkey about stock market, especially in China where pensions are non-existant and shares are purely spekulative.

Having said that their growth will slow at some point and maybe they'll even have house price crash.

Comment

Immature economy, same with Russian one, fecking shedloads of oil and gas and money flowing in, yet inflation is stupid and my BIL if I was married to the current unmarried-partner-of-stek is paying interest on a two year mortgage of 20% or summert daft.

Whereas, it's all doom and gloom with the old UK economy but the shops are still full and largely, we're still invoicing, for me at 50% more than 2009, and no, not 40 quid a day! Bit more than that.

Stable, if wobbling economy.

That was the economic gospel according to stek, who is on the Moonraker as BWFC are playing. I'm a capitalist now.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post

Look, for normal people real economic growth means they got jobs rather than being unemployed and they get to buy food and other essential: they don't give a flying monkey about stock market, especially in China where pensions are non-existant and shares are purely spekulative.
          Maybe you are Russian! 'спекулятивный' - Spec'Kulak'-ive - that was clever, actually....

Comment

Growth <10%
            Increasing wages
            High inflation
            Stock Market down

I'd still rather be in Asia than I would in Europe though.

Actually I think a trip to Burma is on the cards as diplomatic ties get stronger.
            What happens in General, stays in General.
            You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
              I'd still rather be in Asia than I would in Europe though.
              I could not agree more.

Comment

Working...
              X