• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

CCIE

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CCIE

Is it easier to get (like A levels)? Suddenly there are fourteen thousand-odd out there. And I've been advised not to rate them so highly any more. Any comments?

I disagree

Not at all. The CCIE has been at the top of certiifications for some time. In fact all Cisco certifications seperate the idiots from the career minded individuals who are actually passionate about pursueing networking as a career.

At 1250 a pop and having to fly to Brussels, with an average of three sittings to pass, my opinon you need to be committed.

Comment

Re: I disagree

At 1250 a pop and having to fly to Brussels, with an average of three sittings to pass, my opinon you need to be committed.
      If it takes you 3 attempts the should give you one of their nice hats with a big D on it!

Spod. 8)

Comment

Idiot

Cisco stats, three attempts.

Idiot

out of interest I take it you have the cert then SPOD.

Comment

Re: Idiot

Nope, never really bothered, none of my clients need it.

Comment

I'm studying for it just now - passed my written at the start of the year and been doing labs since, looking to sit first time at the end of this year. Never came close to anythng this hard or that takes so much effort (Not too mention money. 5 grand and counting so far).

Average is 3 attempts because it's soo bloody hard - just passing the prequal exam is had, basically like a CCNP in one exam + a wee bit extra. Think the average cost of doing it is 10K plus (Depends if you do it yourself, get help from company and how many attempts). It's been consistently rated as the best cert in the business for a good reason.

On the numbers thing, yeah we're up to 14K worldwide - that's still not a lot and those 14K aren't all active (Think at last count it was 10000 active) with only 700 total in the UK. If someone doesn't recertify (Every 2 years) they lose the qual but the number stay's free in case you want to sit it all over again.

Comment

I guess Spod you are sooo clever it would take you like all of 5 minutes to get every cert going, but you don't bother cos none of your clients need it. Is that the story?

Comment

well said

Well said snaw

good luck

Comment

Re: well said

Does it stop clients asking in interviews questions like "what does tcp/ip stand for?"

Comment

DP...

...it certainly doesn't prevent me from finding clients, jetting round the world at their expense and earning tuliploads of cash...

Now, remind me, what was your question again?

BTW, there are tuliploads of Indians taking those certs and training, without experience and client testimonials, how're YOU going to compete...

Spod - In "I'm alright Jack" mode!

Comment

Working...
                    X