• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What Should I do?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What Should I do?

I was desperate to take on a contractor for a VAX/VMS operational test script testing role. I though I could get some Asian FTV to do it for £5.50 per hour but nobody wanted to do it on the crap rate so I lied a said the role was for a software engineering role, C++ under UNIX. This newbie contractor took it on for £5.00 per hour.

The contractor seems unhappy. Should I sack him?
    HEALTH WARNING. IT Can Damage your Health. Free Advice. Advice in the forum is the £9,995 version. By reading the health warning you are agreeing to the terms and conditions. Advice maybe bad as well as good. 24 months interest free. Your home is at risk if you don’t keep up payments. Advice limited to availability.

Bury him under the Patio...

Comment

Originally posted by Clog II The Avenger
      I was desperate to take on a contractor for a VAX/VMS operational test script testing role. I though I could get some Asian FTV to do it for £5.50 per hour but nobody wanted to do it on the crap rate so I lied a said the role was for a software engineering role, C++ under UNIX. This newbie contractor took it on for £5.00 per hour.

Keep giving him more and more menial tasks to do and see when he cracks.
      I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
      Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

Tell him a joke then tickle him furiously in the ribs. That should perk him up a bit.
        Rule #76: No excuses. Play like a champion.

Comment

Just read the other thread.

Funny as ****!

Comment

After a few more weeks ask him if he knows any good c++ developers for your new product, no he cant do it, he is in a vital role already.
            I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
            Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

Yes, sack him. When it all goes pear shaped in 2 months' time, he'll happily negotiate a new contract to fix everything without bearing a grudge.

Comment

tease him with pictures of Janey?

Comment

Working...
                X