• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Morocco

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morocco

Has anyone from here been there?
    Any recommendations for places to stay or visit?

gf chef and I are thinking of going there in the Easter holidays for 10 days or so combining a few cities and some walking in the Atlas mountains.
    Last edited by chef; 17 January 2012, 14:02.
    The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Went to Essouira in about 1993 & to date it's the worst place I've ever been for touts & hustlers & that includes parts od West Africa & all over Latin America.

Every time I sat down for a drink somewhere I would have an unwanted guest pull up a chair & start trying to sell me hash. They were really persistent too. Shame really because I just ended up telling everyone to piss off & probably missed out on meeting people who were genuinely being friendly.

In the less touristy places, the problem was nowhere near as bad.

That said, it was 20 years ago & things may have changed since then. Also, I no longer look like a such dope fiend

Comment

Working...
    X