• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Toblerone

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Toblerone

Got a small (35g) one today. It doesn't come in a box anymore, just a cheap plastic wrapper

Edit: added a poll, as it's Tuesday.
    Yes
    51.85%
    No
    14.81%
    Something about Andyw's mum, boxes, and coming
    33.33%
    Last edited by NickFitz; 17 January 2012, 15:39. Reason: Be-polled

Can you still spot the hidden bear in the logo?

linky

P.S. Voted No on the poll because hereabouts you can buy whole bags of the tiddly Toblerone bars.
    Last edited by Sysman; 17 January 2012, 15:41.
    Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      Got a small (35g) one today. It doesn't come in a box anymore, just a cheap plastic wrapper

Edit: added a poll, as it's Tuesday.
      Going back 30 years the small ones never did.

I used to get one when helping my neighbour do her shopping.
      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

If you weren't so cheap and bought a decent sized one then you would have got the box you crave.
        Just saying like.

where there's chaos, there's cash !

I could agree with you, but then we would both be wrong!

Lowering the tone since 1963

Comment

Originally posted by Arturo Bassick View Post
          If you weren't so cheap and bought a decent sized one then you would have got the box you crave.
          The sandwich van only had the little ones. It's a harsh existence out here on the Science Park

Comment

The sandwich van only had the little ones. It's a harsh existence out here on the Science Park
            You should be thankful the sandwich van does chocolate. Ours has always "run out".
            merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Have you considered making a box of your own which could accommodate your purchase? Or would that be over engineering the problem?
              Just saying like.

where there's chaos, there's cash !

I could agree with you, but then we would both be wrong!

Lowering the tone since 1963

Comment

Is it just me that thinks they've changed the formula so they're not quite as hard as they used to be?

In the good old days I used to be able to hurt the roof of my mouth when biting off the triangle chunks.

Maybe I've got the heating on too high or should put them in the fridge.

As for the packaging, cardboard and the bar wrapped in foil is the only way they should be sold, so you can break off a chunk including the foil so you don't get molten chocolate on your hands.

One thing that does annoy me with modern packaging is those tubes of sweets where the content is in a sealed bag (to stop kids thieving from them and to stay fresher on the shelves for longer?), so not much point in having the tube.

Are we supposed to empty the bag into the tube or has there been a health scare story on the level of wrapping fish n chips in old newspapers?
                Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
                Feist - I Feel It All
                Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

I've never known the small ones to be in boxes, the bigger bars yes but not the small ones
                  Last edited by The Spartan; 17 January 2012, 16:01. Reason: Spelling
                  In Scooter we trust

Comment

Move on Grandad. Move on.

(Heard he never got over the loss of stardust and the renaming of Marathon)
                    What happens in General, stays in General.
                    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Working...
                    X