• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Offshore projects NOT delivering the goods.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Offshore projects NOT delivering the goods.

I've worked on many projects both Onshore and Offshore over my 16 years in IT.
    By far the biggest failures have been the Offshore ones. Mainly due to communication issues, as to 'what the client actually wanted' against 'what the supplier actually produced'. I have noticed a far worse culture of 'buying time' and 'spin' amongst these Offshore organisations.
    The pick of the bunch was a very well known Health Insurance company.
    There 'New Wonder System' was so screwed up the 'Cheaper' Offshore option, that they are still having to use manual calculation methods, 9 months after the fire fighting fun began. But of course they're still singing its praises to shareholders and customers. They have now spent millions more than the original budget and have lost countless custom. And remarkably, all new projects have now come back Onshore!

In your experience is this True, or am I talking complete bollocks?
    “Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending.”

No it's bollocks.

Everything built or serviced in India is brilliant.

Even the space shuttle.

Comment

I've not seen anything good come out of India. Apart from food!
      Serving religion with the contempt it deserves...

Comment

I am currently struggling with the offshore users...I ask a question get a response - ask them to confirm in email - email is total opposite of what was spoken about.

It's a language thing ...just wish they'd said if they didn't understand the question

Comment

Can't you just exterminate them?

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Jack
            Can't you just exterminate them?

I must admit I feel a certain attraction for their women.... so it would only be the males up for the chop!

Comment

"I've not seen anything good come out of India. Apart from food!"

I see what you mean!

Comment

She's 90% clone brush.
                Serving religion with the contempt it deserves...

Comment

.. looks to light relief for the continuation of the thread..

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Black
                    "I've not seen anything good come out of India. Apart from food!"

I see what you mean!
                    Yes ... exactly....

Comment

Working...
                    X