• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cretin watch

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cretin watch

Ed Miliband goes to war on 'rip-off Britain'

The Labour leader says that the Government must take a more positive approach to stop British consumers from being exploited by “predatory” companies.

In an interview with The Daily Telegraph, he says a tough new consumer watchdog should be created to limit pension fees, car parking charges and airline levies. (AtW's comment: main offenders are local councils jacking up parking charges and also Govt itself with airplane passenger levies)

His intervention comes amid growing concern in Westminster that middle class families are being exploited by “irresponsible” companies at a time when they are struggling to cope with the rising cost of living.

Earlier this week Nick Clegg called for companies which offered shares to employees to be given tax breaks under plans to create a “John Lewis economy”.

David Cameron will tomorrow make a speech in which he is expected to call for a “genuinely inclusive and popular capitalism” following several months of Government discussion.

Source: Ed Miliband goes to war on 'rip-off Britain' - Telegraph

There is a new sasguru in ze City and his name is Ed.

Here's a Cretin's watch

Patek Philippe Sky Moon Tourbillon Mens Wristwatch Model: 5002P

Who would pay that? Seriously?

Comment

"The Labour leader says that the Government must take a more positive approach to stop British consumers from being exploited by “predatory” companies."

How about telling people not to be cretins and to try thinking a bit? People only get ripped off by companies if allowed to get away with it.

Comment

Maybe they should all apply the same scrutiny to UK companies exploiting loopholes to NOT employ UK residents.
        Just saying like.

where there's chaos, there's cash !

I could agree with you, but then we would both be wrong!

Lowering the tone since 1963

Comment

I'm actually starting to like Ed. He's stuck two fingers up at the unions and the far left of his party. Those 2 union bosses were clearly seething when they wrote responses in the national rags.
          It's about time I changed this sig...

Comment

Originally posted by MrRobin View Post
            I'm actually starting to like Ed. He's stuck two fingers up at the unions and the far left of his party. Those 2 union bosses were clearly seething when they wrote responses in the national rags.
            A sockie never rebels against its master

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
              Here's a Cretin's watch

Patek Philippe Sky Moon Tourbillon Mens Wristwatch Model: 5002P

Who would pay that? Seriously?
              Thats not the sort of price of watch that you 'buy online'.
              Free 2 day Fed ex delivery!! FFS I wouldn't trust the local postie with a million quids worth of watch.

Comment

Least cretinous things he's ever said. Pension charges for example are much higher than in other countries and generally, as all are equally high, it is not easy to avoid them.
                bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
                  Least cretinous things he's ever said.
                  It's not the job of the Govt to limit fees private companies charge - the job of the Govt is to ensure there is healthy competition in each sector.

Comment

Disagree. Have you ever stopped paying into a company pension? See how the value drops due to increased charges, the Euriozone crisis is small beer in comparison. Pure rip off.
                    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Working...
                    X