• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Foreigners who sell the Big Issue will be entitled to claim housing benefit

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Foreigners who sell the Big Issue will be entitled to claim housing benefit

Romanian Big Issue seller wins right to housing benefit - Telegraph

"I came to the UK in 2007 to look for work. The only work I could find was selling the Big Issue on the streets of Bristol."

IMO the UK should welcome economic migrants. But I dont think she is one of them. Though her personal circumstances are tragic, this country is no longer rich.

If she is self employed how is she entitled to benefits?
    If she is a carer how can she find time to work.
    If she is capable of work why is she getting DLA.
    Just saying like.

where there's chaos, there's cash !

I could agree with you, but then we would both be wrong!

Lowering the tone since 1963

Comment

Dear me, the whole system needs review if this type of b*lls is happening when will they understand the country is sinking we don't need more people draining money out of the economy we need more of them to put the money in
      In Scooter we trust

Comment

So the Romain population here in Munich just up and left this morning, where did they do?
        "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Surely if she has kids she has a free pass to the front of the housing queue?

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
            So the Romain population here in Munich just up and left this morning, where did they do?

say that in English ?

What you been smoking down there ?

Make mine a pint of what he's drinking barman

Milan.

Comment

We should just put up a sign saying everyone welcome, I know in Denmark you have to have worked 7 years before you are entitled to any benefits. Still there are those here that were born in the UK that have never done a stroke of work in their lives.
              In Scooter we trust

Comment

Originally posted by Arturo Bassick View Post
                If she is self employed how is she entitled to benefits?
                If she is a carer how can she find time to work.
                If she is capable of work why is she getting DLA.
                And if she is homeless why does she need housing benefit?

And if she isn't homeless why is she selling the big issue??

Comment

Originally posted by The Spartan View Post
                  We should just put up a sign saying everyone welcome, I know in Denmark you have to have worked 7 years before you are entitled to any benefits. Still there are those here that were born in the UK that have never done a stroke of work in their lives.
                  Yes, and won't have done 7 years by the time they qualify for a state pension either.

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
                    say that in English ?

What you been smoking down there ?

Make mine a pint of what he's drinking barman

Milan.
                    oops. Romanian
                    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                    X