• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Guitar question - Gretsch 5120 vs Gretsch 6120

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guitar question - Gretsch 5120 vs Gretsch 6120

so for all those budding musicians...

Has anyone who plays the Gretsch Electromatic series guitars upgraded to the "pro" 6120 or White Falcon?

Is it worth it? or is it more or less the same.

Wondering about trading in my Rickenbacker 330 for a Gretsch 6120 or White Falcon. At the moment I have an Electromatic Gretsch 5125 which I use for gigs, but sort of wonder whether I should upgrade. The bass player keeps egging me on.
    I'm alright Jack

I hate to see a thread in general with no replies.

Comment

Real men play Strats.
      When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Don't take a 2700 quid Gretsch out to gigs...keep it at home and cuddle and polish it.

Are any of the numpties in the audience going to be able to tell the difference between the Gretsch and a similar Ibanez artcore??

Don't listen to bass players, we are all tossers.

Comment

Originally posted by KimberleyChris View Post
          Don't take a 2700 quid Gretsch out to gigs...keep it at home and cuddle and polish it.

Are any of the numpties in the audience going to be able to tell the difference between the Gretsch and a similar Ibanez artcore??

Don't listen to bass players, we are all tossers.
          Tradetang. Chinese, had two LP's for my lad, quality superb, badged as Gibbo's - honest, I feared the worst but the they're both A1, for 250 quid ea worth a punt - they do Rick copies and Gretsch copies too for the 350 quid mark, so far I've not been tempted but I know the LP's are really good. Copies. But throwaway and 95% as good as the real thang...

Comment

Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
            Real men play Strats.
            Only if the Strat is pre-CBS. I have never liked the single coil sound though.
            <Insert idea here> will never be adopted because the politicians are in the pockets of the banks!

Comment

Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
              Real men play Strats.
              real men play whatever the hell they like.

Comment

Originally posted by DS23 View Post
                real men play whatever the hell they like.
                And if they're real men, they'll like to play Strats.
                When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Yup my feeling is there aint a lot of difference. Need to fink about it....hmmm
                  I'm alright Jack

Comment

Yeah, a lot of people are beginning to see these big-name brands for what they are...all hype.

I know when I bought my present bass a few years back, in the shop were a reasonable S/H Fender Precision, and a brand new 'humble' Ibanez SR300FM.

Of course my eyes were drawn to the Fender, because of the name on the head.

But after playing one then the other a few times, I realised that the Ibanez was actually the superior instrument. There wasn't much in it, but with your eyes shut, the Ibanez just somehow felt and played better. So I bought it and I've never regretted it.

Comment

Working...
                    X