• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

basecamphq.com

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

basecamphq.com

Now that iDisk is closing down on me I'm looking elsewhere as iCloud does not allow me to share files as easily as iDisk - a step backwards for apple imo.

Working with others who use BCHQ, seems pretty good just wish it could integrate with finder like iDisk without having to load up a web interface all the time.

Anyone else have alternatives for project file sharing?
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Depends how much data you are talking about sharing, I use Dropbox
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post

WHS, and you can do private or public referrals with Dropbox, to increase your storage size limits.
      Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
        +1

just set up a folder per client and send invites out for the folders you want to share...

doesn't care what the files are and you can you double encryption for high value information.

Comment

Can I send a link to someone to pick up a secure file without having to invite them?
          "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

+1 for dropbox. You can also access your files on the go with mobile dropbox apps.
            It's about time I changed this sig...

Comment

I use Windows Live Mesh, mainly because it was something I tried and liked rather than as a proper consideration over dropbox!

Works quite well with my Mac and is fairly easy to use with a 5GB online file store free or limitless if you're just synching different locations without bothering with the online store.

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                Can I send a link to someone to pick up a secure file without having to invite them?
                Yes, you can also have a "public" folder where all files in there are automatically accessible to anyone with a link, or you can get a share able link to individual files or folders
                Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

I use dropbox for transfering photos from my 'phone' to the PC too.

Comment

Last edited by Jeff Maginty; 8 June 2022, 17:31.

Comment

Working...
                    X