• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Nuckin Futs (tm)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nuckin Futs (tm)

A nutty snack company in Australia has won the right to call itself Nuckin Futs, despite an official ruling that it was offensive.

A solicitor representing the Gold Coast company argued that the name was not offensive because the words it suggested were commonplace in everyday Australian language.

The Trade Marks Examiner had ruled a year ago that Nuckin Futs had to be rejected because it was scandalous and offensive due to its close resemblance to the common phrase f--king nuts.

The examiner, who has not been named, ruled that Nuckin Futs was an 'obvious spoonerism' and therefore was ineligible for registration under section 42 of the Trade Marks Act.

The Act states that anything that is regarded as shameful, offensive or shocking to ordinary people had to be rejected.

Solicitor Jamie White did not agree with the finding and began a 12-month campaign on behalf of the company to get the name registered.

The suggested words were part of the everyday language of Australians, he considered, and drew up a five-page legal document cataloguing the history of controversial product names.

He argued that the words 'f--k' and 'f--king' were 'now part of the universal discourse of the ordinary Australian.'

Source: Australian firm wins right to call itself Nuckin Futs | Mail Online

You lucking foser.
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Ctupid sunt
      Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
      I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
        Ctupid sunt
        Arsewipe!

That's not a spoonerism by the way, just an opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by EricBartlett View Post
          Arsewipe!

That's not a spoonerism by the way, just an opinion.
          Regative Nepped

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Regative Nepped
            Dhoopity Woo Eob Nnd

Comment

Dhoopity Woo Enob knd

Comment

Wuck Fit

Comment

Wuck Fit
                  Isnt that one word not two?

Comment

Isnt that one word not two?
                    Shouldn't you use an apostrophe in there somewhere?

Comment

Working...
                    X