• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Stone me, we can't even debase the coinage efficiently any more.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stone me, we can't even debase the coinage efficiently any more.

New 5p and 10p pieces won't work in parking meters, vending machines or pay phones | Mail Online

The reason for this difference is due to 'technical issues', according the Royal Mint and Treasury.

Comment

Who on earth still uses a payphone? Even then most i see these days are card only
      Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
      I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
        Who on earth still uses a payphone? Even then most i see these days are card only
        I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
          I used one last year when I forgot to charge my phone. Thankfully, I'd remember my home number.
          Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
            The reason for this difference is due to 'technical issues', according the Royal Mint and Treasury.
            They neglect to mention if that's technical - it needs to be different, or technical - we stuffed it up and it's too late to change.
            Originally posted by MaryPoppins
            I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
            Originally posted by vetran
            Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

A minor problem. In some car parks in our town you have to enter reg number before they issue a ticket. (Can't have somebody else occupying a slot that has been paid for) Get some old lady in front and you are waiting 5 minutes while they struggle with it.
              bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
              John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Where else do you see local hookers phone numbers?
                Yet again, z is the only one on here with any grasp of what's important! Unfortunately we don't have many hookers round here but, on the plus side, there are lots of fields of sheep.
                bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

The old 5p is 1.7mm thick while the old 10p is 1.85mm thick.
                  In both instances, thickness will increase by 10 per cent.
                  That's inflation at work.

Comment

It's about time they made the 2p piece smaller, it's bloody enormous and worth feck all. Or get rid of 'coppers' altogether.

Comment

Working...
                    X