• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

For the motorbiker here...........

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For the motorbiker here...........

George Whites called in the administrators this morning....

Originally posted by aceboy View Post
    George Whites called in the administrators this morning....
    Is Dave Matton still connected with them? If so I am not surprised.
    “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

I ride a bike and I haven't fookin clue who that is.
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

I bought my last VFR800fi from George White (new in 2001).

I traded in a Bandit 1200 that was 6 months old and got £350 less than i paid for it, and the VFR at £500 off list, with delivery included. They must have been shifting at less than they were making.
        When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
          I ride a bike and I haven't fookin clue who that is.
          Here is a Link -

George White goes into administration - | Motorcycle News | Bike News | Motorbike Videos | MCN

Here is a quote

George White Motors, the UK’s leading motorcycle dealer group, has gone into administration this morning, MCN has learnt.

Rumours of the closure began circulating early this morning with suggestions that staff at its dealerships in Swindon, Plymouth and Torbay had been made redundant.

The shock news was then confirmed at around 11am to MCN by owner Steve Gannicott who said the group had ceased trading and had filed a notice of intention to appoint administrators.

George White had established itself to become the UK’s biggest motorcycle dealer with motorcycle stores in Swindon, Plymouth and Torbay selling bikes from Honda, Yamaha, Kawasaki, Suzuki and the Piaggio group and clothing outlets in Swindon, Plymouth, Bolton, Donington and Slough

MCN will be bringing more on this story as soon as we have it. The full story will be in next week’s Motorcycle News, out Wednesday January 25

Comment

I'm not surprised. The "pile 'em high and sell 'em cheap" type dealer business model went to the wall with the demise of Carnells and Motorcycle City.

Oh, that and there's a downturn in the market. Big bike sales are plummeting and the only reason that 2 wheel registrations as a whole are holding up is a huge increase in sales of scooters and mopeds. It stands to reason that the profit margin on a £10grand motorbike is higher than a £2grand scutter.......

Comment

Working...
            X