• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Can someone please give my son a job!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can someone please give my son a job!

My son is 19 years old. He has his City & Guilds Electrical Installation certificates as well as CSCS card.
    We have tried for 2 years to get him an apprenticeship for an electrician.
    He has had a few short term jobs and one so called 'apprenticeship' with a company in London that laid him off due to the economic situation!
    He is gagging for an apprenticeship Industrial or Domestic.
    I have advertised locally and offered to pay his salary for a short time, but nothing!
    He needs a good company or a mentor to give him confidence.

Failing this, he has been doing a little labouring work, as he is very strong.
    He is reliable, keen and willing to work unsociable hours.

Is there anyone out there near Chelmsford or in London that can offer him something-Please!

Otherwise I wonder where our future construction workers will come from?
    Most probably Poland! My son went to the Olympic site and was told he had no chance 'cos it was 95% full of Polish workers!!

Originally posted by tannerswf View Post
    My son is 19 years old. He has his City & Guilds Electrical Installation certificates as well as CSCS card.
    He has had a few short term jobs and one so called 'apprenticeship' with a company in London that laid him off due to the economic situation!
    I have advertised locally and offered to pay his salary for a short time, but nothing!

Is there anyone out there near Chelmsford or in London that can offer him something-Please!

Most probably Poland! My son went to the Olympic site and was told he had no chance 'cos it was 95% full of Polish workers!!
    I will ask around
    Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

I got a job for him, ok money but he won't be using any of them skills he posted on there.... Muahaha.....

Good idea coming to an IT contractors board to find an electical apprectiship though.
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
        I got a job for him, ok money but he won't be using any of them skills he posted on there.... Muahaha.....

Good idea coming to an IT contractors board to find an electical apprectiship though.
        Maybe you can give him a job correcting your spelling.
        What happens in General, stays in General.
        You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

same problem a couple of years ago.
          my son was 18, I asked a relative to take him on as a labourer

i paid the relative £100 pw for about eighteen months, till the lad sprouted wings and got himself sorted.

good luck mate

(\__/)
          (>'.'<)
          ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post

Let's assume the bloke is trying absolutely everything he can for his lad? For now.
            +50 Xeno Geek Points
            Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
            As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Tell your family and friends to vote UKIP then. No more Polish workers. Sorted!

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                Tell your family and friends to vote UKIP then. No more Polish workers. Sorted!
                What a helpful little soul you are DP
                Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
                  What a helpful little soul you are DP
                  I should have been an agent, but I'm too nice.

Comment

PM me

Comment

Working...
                    X