• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

So....has anyone yet managed to reverse their 10% cut?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So....has anyone yet managed to reverse their 10% cut?

Have you even tried?

Renewal time soon and 6 months being touted I'm wondering if anyone has any experience of whether or not the big bad hyphen are willing to negotiate yet or are they determined not to let there little cost saving slip?*

*obviously regardless I'll give it a bash myself, it would be foolish not to but just wondering if there's any cracks to weasle through.

Thank you kindly
    Anti-bedwetting advice

Amazinlgly I just got a 10% increase if that counts. I was expecting a few extra quid(3-4%) on renewal next week and out of the blue without any negotiation they just went(we've got you an extra 10%).

Of course I made I sure I sounded disappointed.
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Does this cover your mileage loss due to the 2 year rule?
      Anti-bedwetting advice

Comment

No rate cuts here at the moment. My contract ends 31 january as project is as good as finished now but clientco have asked me to write a proposal for managing testing and quality activities for another project due to start in a month's time; so there's hope for x10shuns here; rate will be the same.
        And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Notascooby View Post
          Does this cover your mileage loss due to the 2 year rule?
          Good point. Mileage is only 4 miles a day and subsistence £4, so looks like it will.
          What happens in General, stays in General.
          You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Depends on what you do and your willingness to take it to the wire. If you put a half hearted attempt in you will be wasting your time and theirs.

I made an empty threat at Barclays 2 years ago and as expected got told to like it or lump it. From all the people I knew at Radbroke 2 guys walked. 20 or so I knew swallowed it. Don't take rates with colleagues so not sure if anyone dodged it.

We have seen some people on here recenly 'supposedly' threatening to walk from key positions and getting the 10% quashed but you are on a wish and a prayer IMO

Don't whatever you do take your 24 month rule issues to the client/agent. They are none of their business. Your costs have gone up so you can't accept a rate maybe but the details are yours alone.
            'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Seems the banks are doing everything in their hands to stop people reversing the cuts. Well that's the case at least for Barclays. Endless dispensations requested, loopholes tried and all failed for myself. Managed to get the short notice period mind and am now going for interviews every other week.

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                Good point. Mileage is only 4 miles a day and subsistence £4, so looks like it will.
                Subsistence? Are you claiming for your lunch?
                We don't have to save the world. The world is big enough to look after itself. What we have to be concerned about is whether or not the world we live in will be capable of sustaining us in it.
                - Douglas Adams

Comment

Is this a staff meeting?
                  "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

The smart clients out there should issue a memo to all contractors that at 12.00pm all pay is to be cut by 99% and that at 12.01pm all pay is to be increased by 200% and see how many contractors jump up and cheer with delight.

Comment

Working...
                    X