• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

GiffGaff

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GiffGaff

Anyone using the GiffGaff mobile network?

There have been a number of issues lately just as my current contract was coming to an end and I was planning to join.
    Last edited by jmo21; 20 January 2012, 15:53.

What?

Fook me am I getting old?

Comment

The NLUKbot suggests that you search the forum.

NLUKbot Search Engine
      Last edited by NLUKbot; 20 January 2012, 17:13.
      The NLUKbot - using 16k to defeat bio-NLUK

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
        What?

Fook me am I getting old?
        nothing wrong with the speed of your typing fingers old man!

Comment

Originally posted by jmo21 View Post
          nothing wrong with the speed of your typing fingers old man!
          Thats one of his stock replies he had his grandson program into the computer thingy-ma-jig
          Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by jmo21 View Post
            Anyone using the GiffGaff mobile network?
            IIRC, freamon and a few others use GiffGaff.
            Best Forum Advisor 2014
            Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
            Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
              IIRC, freamon and a few others use GiffGaff.
              Yep I've been with GiffGaff for over a year now. £10/month for unlimited data, sms and more minutes than I can use. No contract, I can leave whenever I want. Porting my number in from Orange was very smooth when I joined.

The only complaint I have is that 3G coverage seems not to be quite as good in central London as it is on, say, Vodafone. But that's an O2 problem, not a GiffGaff problem.
              "A life, Jimmy, you know what that is? It’s the s*** that happens while you’re waiting for moments that never come." -- Lester Freamon

Comment

Originally posted by Freamon View Post
                Yep I've been with GiffGaff for over a year now. £10/month for unlimited data, sms and more minutes than I can use. No contract, I can leave whenever I want. Porting my number in from Orange was very smooth when I joined.

The only complaint I have is that 3G coverage seems not to be quite as good in central London as it is on, say, Vodafone. But that's an O2 problem, not a GiffGaff problem.
                I was put off the unlimited data didn't include tethering.

Comment

Originally posted by BigTime View Post
                  I was put off the unlimited data didn't include tethering.
                  How do they know?

What's the difference between looking at something on your phone's browser and tethering the phone and using the browser on your computer, in terms of what the network knows??
                  Best Forum Advisor 2014
                  Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                  Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
                    How do they know?

What's the difference between looking at something on your phone's browser and tethering the phone and using the browser on your computer, in terms of what the network knows??
                    Good point. 3 gave me a better deal as I said I was leaving at the end of the contract, where I know tethering is not a problem. I have a SIM for giffgaff but reading their forum and faq put me off.

Here's a good user experience:
                    "For the whole of the last 12 months I've been doing it everyday and giffgaff haven't even known - they only ever knew yesterday when I actually came clean about it and got banned

On another network now so not all that bothered...

so if u wanna tether on your goodybag rather than buy a gigabag then feel free I doubt giffgaff have the resources to actually have security to stop people they will no doubt make an announcement stating the have...

The gigabags are a con doubt buy just use your goodybag "

those wanting to tether on a giffgaff goodybag - Mobile Phones - Digital Spy Forums

Comment

Working...
                    X