• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You'll like this

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You'll like this

Not alot, but you'll like it.

Paul Daniels severs finger with power tool while trying to build a safety device for the machine | Mail Online

That's magic!

Serves the f*cker right for breaking his promise and not emigrating in 1997 when Labour won the election.

Comment

I fail to see how this qualifies as news.

Since my teenage years, I have been a lot less accident prone (when I was a teenager, knew the staff in A+E on a first name basis).

It hurts a little severing your finger, but Paul should grow up and not be a wuss. The last time I hurt myself badly was as an older teenager and it taught me to respect guards around machines. I was cutting a hedge with a trimmer and my fingers wandered down below the guard. It sliced right through my fingertip vertically, through the nail right up to the knuckle, that hurt, yes, but Ive had far worse pain and injuries. Luckily I didnt lose my fingertip, although over a decade later, I still have a small scar that most people never notice as a reminder.

Comment

Cant we chuck him off a roof like that other gorp, whats his name

blooming gorps the lot of them

(\__/)
        (>'.'<)
        ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
          Cant we chuck him off a roof like that other gorp, whats his name

blooming gorps the lot of them

Rod Hull of "Emu" fame

You're funny EO - you should write a blog.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
            Serves the f*cker right for breaking his promise and not emigrating in 1997 when Labour won the election.
            Good memory!
            "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

His fingers are probably insured for a couple of million. Nice little retirement nest egg if you can (accidently) get it.
              Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                Good memory!
                Frank Bruno and Andrew Lloyd Webber said the same, and they still stayed.

Spitting Image did a sketch of Lloyd Webber pledging to leave the country if Labour got in as a party political broadcast by Labour.
                Best Forum Advisor 2014
                Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                  That's tragic!
                  "A life, Jimmy, you know what that is? It’s the s*** that happens while you’re waiting for moments that never come." -- Lester Freamon

Comment

What a tool!

Comment

Working...
                    X