• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Decent camera for less than £50

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Decent camera for less than £50

Is it possible to buy a new decent (internet quality) digital camera for less than £50? Any recommendations?

And would you buy second hand from Amazon? (I'm not on ebay, should I?)
    <Insert idea here> will never be adopted because the politicians are in the pockets of the banks!

Is this in any way connected to your 'shagging a married bird' thread ?
    When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
      Is this in any way connected to your 'shagging a married bird' thread ?
      Any bird will do.
      <Insert idea here> will never be adopted because the politicians are in the pockets of the banks!

Comment

Originally posted by petergriffin View Post
        Is it possible to buy a new decent (internet quality) digital camera for less than £50? Any recommendations?

And would you buy second hand from Amazon? (I'm not on ebay, should I?)

Not poss IMO for under £50.
        If you want a decent camera - get an SLR. Point & shoot is a false economy as pics are poor.
        You can get very good deals second hand - on ebay or got to a camera store such as Jacobs for second hand deals.

Comment

Originally posted by saptastic View Post
          Point & shoot is a false economy as pics are poor.
          Rubbish - expensive point and shoot

Spending £50 and hoping to get a decent camera is a false economy. If you spend £500 on a camera (whether it is DSLR or point and shoot), then it should be pretty decent.
          Best Forum Advisor 2014
          Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
          Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Based on my 2 second experience of Kodak EasyShare C1530 Digital Still Camera - Black 3.0: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics and the reviews of it online its definitely a false economy.

The chief issue with cheap cameras is pixellation. Chances are unless you hit very luck your phone will give you a better picture.
            merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

I bought a Fujifilm FinePix AX250 : Fujifilm FinePix AX250 Digital Camera - Black 2.7 inch: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics

E.g. of photo (much reduced in size) posted on here: http://forums.contractoruk.com/gener...e-picture.html

It's in low light settings you're most likely to run into problems with cheap cameras and optics, but mine seems to work okay.

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                Based on my 2 second experience of Kodak EasyShare C1530 Digital Still Camera - Black 3.0: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics and the reviews of it online its definitely a false economy.

The chief issue with cheap cameras is pixellation. Chances are unless you hit very luck your phone will give you a better picture.
                No, the chief issue with cheap cameras is noise. They have crammed too many megapixels into too small a sensor, giving too much noise especially at anything higher than the lowest ISO.

That issue is shared by more expensive cameras with the same Mp and sensor size, though it can be improved (quite a lot these days) with sensor technology and image processing (most compact cameras do a load of that now).

Another issue is simply lens quality. Good compacts have better lenses, and the difference shows, but they do cost more.

If image quality is more important than size, then a cheaper DSLR will thrash any compact, in more difficult situations. OTOH I am staggered by the quality of some modern compacts in a decent light.

I don't think you can do a good camera for less than 50 new. You can do OK for not much more than 100 (get a previous model), and really pretty good for 200-300.
                Last edited by Ignis Fatuus; 26 January 2012, 10:01.
                Job motivation: how the powerful steal from the stupid.

Comment

Originally posted by saptastic View Post
                  Not poss IMO for under £50.
                  If you want a decent camera - get an SLR. Point & shoot is a false economy as pics are poor.
                  Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
                  Spending £50 and hoping to get a decent camera is a false economy. If you spend £500 on a camera (whether it is DSLR or point and shoot), then it should be pretty decent.
                  Surely it just depends on your own definition of 'decent'? I was always happy with the pictures I took with my 5mp camera.
                  Why would you need an SLR if for example, your just taking pictures of someone in a bedroom

Comment

Anything in the £50 bracket will be no better than a half decent phones camera
                    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Working...
                    X