• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Fraudulent Timesheet – Help and advice required.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fraudulent Timesheet – Help and advice required.

Fraudulent Timesheet?
    Is where no work has been done by the contractor but the management sign of the working day. They will then be expecting the cash for those days to be handed to them once monies have been received.

The current situation
    Is that I currently have a contract which will be expiring in a couple of months. Based in the technology sector. They encourage holidays and are also in expectant of pay outs for contract extensions.

What will happen If I refuse to do it?
    They hired a chap who refused to conduct this action, and was then fired two weeks later.
    How do I feel about it?
    It’s a pretty tulip situation in all honesty. During points in the week I often feel as though they are waiting for a pay cheque from me.

How did the situation arise?
    I delivered my work and it went through the business very well. The results were better than they had expected and the respect that I bought to the team was well enjoyed. However wishing to cash in on this success the management then approached with this offer. That we should ideally split the amount in even amounts. I was a little horrified and initially confused by there request, however agreed, but also notified them I did not want anything. What they embezzle is all there’s!

Before you judge me!
    I am technology professional who has been contracting for over 4 years. Before that I worked in financial and consultancy sectors. I was born and educated in the UK and have only spent time abroad working on short term contracts.

So, to distill your post to a couple of points:

• The management at your client are on the take and committing a fraud against their company.
    • They want you to help them commit fraud.

If that about covers it, have a look at this:http://sentencingcouncil.judiciary.g...y_offences.pdf
    ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Change your job.
      Say nothing.
      If you 'do them in'. then you will soon find yourself on 'the list'. They all know each other, you see.

Comment

I can't even understand that lot let alone help with it??? Fancy re-reading it and correcting it??
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SajStars View Post
          I was born and educated in the UK
          "A life, Jimmy, you know what that is? It’s the s*** that happens while you’re waiting for moments that never come." -- Lester Freamon

Comment

Looking back over your posting history you either have the tulipest luck of anyone or are a crap troll..
            Last edited by northernladuk; 21 January 2012, 19:06.
            'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Not a troll and not looking for trouble!!

I started this thread, wanting knowledge and experience from contractors, could anyone state whether this is common or more unique?

Comment

I started this thread, wanting knowledge and experience from contractors, could anyone state whether this is common or more unique?
                I't ok lads, I'll go this time.

FFS lad, man up will you? What a total non event?

"Oooh look at me, I've got the option to do something illegal and I want to brag about it on an internet forum?"

Mince off you great big tit and tell them to go and **** themselves, that you are morally offended by their duplicitous and shameful act.

If necessary, put the heed on the PM, give the fit 19 year old female tester a bally good rogering on the programme managers desk under his nose and then sashay out of there cackling and shouting "Your all a bunch of tossers".

Oh and do report back how it went.

Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

My brain hurts...

We beat the Bin Dippers 3-1!! Well more interesting than this thread..

So, 4-4-2 or 4-5-3, and is Bellamy a twat? I think he is, agree for +ve rep...

Comment

Giving you the benefit of the doubt, I would say that there is probably more of this around than we like to admit.

I have mainly come across it in firms were previously an arm of the civil service / MoD etc.

It cannot just be a few people who are involved, it must be systematic.

Be wary. You are dealing with 'managers' and if they happen to be the type who were always taught to be cautious, all seem to know each other's mothers, and know their a**e from their elbo az regards which knuckles to squeeze, you may find yourself out in the cold for a very long time if you cross them.

Comment

Working...
                    X