• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Netflix UK

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Netflix UK

Anyone tried out Netflix UK out its a great online streaming service for PC, Xbox, Wii or PS3 (or even Android I think). The quantity of the selection isn't great initially but it will take a while for it to reach its American counterpart 10,000+ titles on offer.

Watched 'The Naked Civil Servant' and 'Mallrats' two films I've wanted to watch for a long time.

The first month is free then its £6 or so per month.

Anyone else tried it out ? what do you think ?

The service is great - used it in the US - but I'll wait until online content gets better support in the UK... all UK online streaming services have the same problems.
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by sbakoola View Post
      Anyone tried out Netflix UK out its a great online streaming service for PC, Xbox, Wii or PS3 (or even Android I think). The quantity of the selection isn't great initially but it will take a while for it to reach its American counterpart 10,000+ titles on offer.

Watched 'The Naked Civil Servant' and 'Mallrats' two films I've wanted to watch for a long time.

The first month is free then its £6 or so per month.

Anyone else tried it out ? what do you think ?
      Is it better than TPB? I think not....

Comment

Sign up for a trial, pretty good quality streaming, selection of movies also did not look like tulip - might cancel but only because I've got Sky and big collection of movies, many of which I am yet to watch.

Comment

Don't have much time for telly, too busy invoicing.

iPlayer and the odd movie every other week is all the baby will allow. Yawn.
          "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
            I thought you were getting a %-tage of the project cost or something?

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post

iPlayer and the odd movie every other week is all the baby will allow. Yawn.
              Invoicing takes 5 mins max, German telly is fecking awful, think UK 1975 - variety shows with huge staircases and dancers abound, well retro!!

Swiss telly is worse, and the license fee is double the BBC one and they don't make anything.

I do not like anything institutionalised but on the whole, even with the licence fee, BBC is pretty good compared to the paid for crap abroad...

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
                Is it better than TPB? I think not....
                Not as good as TPB but better than TPD.
                "A life, Jimmy, you know what that is? It’s the s*** that happens while you’re waiting for moments that never come." -- Lester Freamon

Comment

Better than Lovefilm!

I actually like Netflix, and with an Android App instantly makes it better than Lovefilm, and although smaller than its counterpart it's still a better selection than LoveFilm.

Sky Movies is just full of rubbish and sick of Top Gear re-runs on Dave!
                  There are 10 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who do not.

Comment

Working...
                  X